Re-attachment

Re-attachment

A Poem by Therene

I’m detached again,

With the world and its entities.

You said, “Yeah.

It’s been a while since I last saw you.”

 

You tried to keep me afloat,

Asking questions completely off topic.

Knowing me,

You asked what’s wrong.

I told you lies

But being you, you always knew.

 

You told me to recollect,

Put back all the pieces together.

But then again,

All the pieces are gone to God knows where.

You tell me it’s not the right time,

God has a plan.

 

“But I’m losing my sanity,

As fast as sand in an hourglass,” I whined.

“The only thing you can do

Is to hold on,” you said.

But how is that possible?

Can sand even hold on?

 

You told me once more,

“Patience is a virtue.”

I’ve heard that before,

But to what extent must I be?

 

“Just go with the flow,”

Your final advice was short.

But then again,

It was either that or death.

© 2010 Therene


Author's Note

Therene
Back story:I seem to have a problem with attachment and detachment. It’s VERY difficult for me to get attached with something or someone. In congruent to that, I find it VERY easy to let go of things or people. Consider yourself lucky if I get attached to you or a gift you’ve given and I can’t myself detach from you or it.

So, yeah. Tell me what you think for the content and bash it out for the technicals.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

its such a different poem... I mean with proper dialogues... its not sth i get to read vry often... Really cool poem...! sumtimes it gets hard to get along with people... n sermons, advises wont help either..!!! You portray dat vry well!!! Awesum :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this poem! I particularly liked the construction of the second stanza. The last line packs a lot of punch as well. I wonder if the second to last stanza fits in with your piece; I think you could leave it out and it would really solidify this piece. A mere suggestion. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful piece this is !! "Attachment" n "Detachment" sure are sometimes a problem. But ussually i find myself in "Attachment" cetegory !!
This was something diffrent n new. Loved the way u put forth ur views...

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is quite the write here. I can feel this from your heart and soul.
Wonderful expressed and has a wonderful flow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a special sentiment. One is lucky to have a person in their life that cares this much. At first glance, I thought the structure was a little funny, but as I read it line by line...it kind of felt like the thoughts would have been fragmented if you wrote it any other way.

I'm a fan of spoken word poetry, so having every line symmetrical is not always a great thing. If you went symmetrical on stage with the emotions of this poem, it would be boring and uninspired. As it stands, it flows nicely as if it comes straight from the heart.

Sweet poem with genuine love. The feelings here are not watered down at all. That's what makes it special.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010

Author

Therene
Therene

About
Hey, guise! There's a new group The Perfectionist created and it's called Serious Business and he really meant it. Go message him this time. :)Seriously, click here Quotes: The only cure to hear.. more..

Writing
Obliviate Obliviate

A Poem by Therene



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥


Summer (excerpt 4) Summer (excerpt 4)

A Chapter by A.Lee