Ambitions

Ambitions

A Poem by Therene
"

If you take the risk you may not have 100% chance of winning, but if you don't take the risk you have 100% chance of losing.

"
You see a rich kid, suburban girl, sports legend, and a singer. They gave up their fight for life, I guess they'll never know. Whatever happened to dreaming big, scoring that goal, to getting that girl, to hitting that note? Whatever happened to the ambitions? Part of me would never know for all the blocks came crashing down, all the hope of mankind came burning down. I guess I'll never know. We all start small. Yearning for our destiny, seeking recognition, and walking that stage. We all start small then we start waking up. We all grow up and learn. Learn the cold truths of reality, Financial crisis and broken families, cheating spouses to mere publicity. Whatever happened to hitting it, getting it, achieving it, and living it? Whatever happened to dreams? Part of me would never know. For all that I know came crashing down, All that I hoped for came burning down. I guess I'll never know.

© 2010 Therene


Author's Note

Therene
Would you blame me if I listened to too much Eminem? "I'm not afraid/to take a stand/" "Holla if you've been down that road before." Not Afraid by Eminem

Yes, I lost my edge(like I had it, right?) and no, I have no knowledge in song writing. Also, I feel like dedicating this to apocalypse after reading her contribution to my project.

Finally, you know what to do. MURDER IT!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks a ton for the dedication.
And I don't think anybody would want to "murder" this piece. I won't talk about the technicalities, because even if there was anything wrong there, it didn't register. This write is downright inspiring. especially at this point and maybe for me it means more 'coz I can relate to it totally..but honestly if I could write about how i feel..it would be very close to this. Thanks again and yes, Eminem's lyrics are amazing as well..so i won't blame you ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010
Tags: life

Author

Therene
Therene

About
Hey, guise! There's a new group The Perfectionist created and it's called Serious Business and he really meant it. Go message him this time. :)Seriously, click here Quotes: The only cure to hear.. more..

Writing
Obliviate Obliviate

A Poem by Therene