Ch 1: Study Time

Ch 1: Study Time

A Chapter by Liz-z

Aaron

“Forget it; I won’t be able to get this before finals!” Jamie sighed and tried again to explain the 18th century once again. We were at my house in the living room table with nothing but books and notebooks covering its surface.   

“It’s easy, Aaron. It came to an end in Western Europe after the French Revolution and the Napoleonic era, remember?” Ugh this was frustrating. I did know it, but just couldn’t think. This is what exams did to me, freaked the crap out of me. She sighed and continued to speak, “Do you want to take a break?” I nodded my head while she sat back.

“Do you want something to drink?” I asked get up to get myself some water. Finals were going to begin this Thursday and she and I were studying all of this for two weeks already, nonstop. She nodded her head and got up too. I guess she needed a study break too.

We both walked in silence. “You’re freaking out,” she finally said while I handed her the bottle of water.

“Who isn’t?” She shrugged and didn’t say anything. “Maybe I should head to Ms. Gen for some extra help,” I finally said.

“Well, she is giving reviews every day after class. I, on the other hand, have to attend to Mr. Tiff for extra help,” She growned while I nodded my head. I watched her golden eyes bloom, her brown hair fall on her shoulders, and her lips shine. She naturally looked beautiful, even though last minute eye makeup was thrown on and a hit of light lip gloss. She wore a gray v neck t-shirt with blue shorts underneath.  “What?” she asked pulling me out of my own world and back to reality, “Something wrong?”

I smiled and replied, “No, you just look beautiful.” She smiled along and we both headed back to studying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie

“I’ll call you tomorrow?” He smiled walking me to my doorsteps. We spend two hour and a half at the library and three more hours in his house studying for finals, but we always did this while studying for midterms and finals, it was tradition.

“Yeah,” I said smiling. Studying this much didn’t stress me out, but relieved me. I also considered Aaron as an easy guy to study with, regardless if are together or not. “Maybe instead of three thirty I’ll meet you at two thirty? This way we could actually get started on Biology.”

“Agree,” he said coming over to kiss me on the cheek, “Two thirty it is.” The sound of his beautiful voice, the way he holds me, the way he touches me, the way he kisses me, was always new. It always feels like the first time with him, a thrilling love. He didn’t fully leave until I opened my front door and got in safely. I smiled and waved goodbye to him before fully entering my house.

“Hey Jamie,” Mom smiled. Ever since the car accident she’s been just a bit more protective, rejecting more journalist jobs, and spending more time at home. Even though it was nice to have her around it kind of worried me. Becoming a journalist made my mother so much happier and alive, if that makes any sense, but now that she’s sadder than ever, and it’s all my fault.

“Hi Mom,” I smiled.

“Get a lot of studying done?” She asked knowing the answer. 

“Yeah,” I said honestly.

“Dinner’s ready, if you’re hungry.” One other thing I miss about being home alone all is cooking for myself. I never thought cooking would be something I’d miss, since I thought I hated it. “Spaghetti and meatballs on the side… I also made sweet potatoes.” I frowned down at her. Also, having more dead animal meat in my fridge is really starting to bother me. She frowned and continued to speak, “I know, you don’t eat meat, but the meat balls are for me… So have the spaghetti and sweet potatoes.”

“Fine,” I agreed and walking towards the kitchen to fix myself a plate of food.

 

Aaron

Nobody’s home. Damian, my fraternal twin, is still at tutoring, while my parents are still at work. Before Jamie was ever my girlfriend it bothered me that nobody was here. It bothered me that I wasn’t fortunate to have a bunch of guy friends to hang out. And while Jamie was busy and it bothered me even more that I was alone, but now I don’t mind at all, I kind of enjoy it.

I head up the stairs to my bedroom I make sure to grab chips. The house always seemed empty to me since it was a giant house with nobody in it but me. I opened the door to my room and noticed what I always noticed first, my bed with blue confiders, the three green and blue trimming painted walls covered with nothing but drawings and photos everywhere, the mirrored wall that was also my closet door, and the stereo on top of the dresser.

My wall-less wall was covered in nothing but photos: Tons of photos of Jamie, my family, my favorite bands, events that happen in my life, places I wish I could run away to, pointless drawings I just seem to love looking at, all sorts of photos.

Before jumping on my bed turned on the stereo. The song I Miss You by Blink 182 came on and my first thoughts were being away from Jamie a month, how much I was going to miss her and how unhealthy this could be, this feeling of love. I never thought I’d be completely different. Not that I didn’t like other girls appearances, but there was always something about Jamie, ever since we were younger.

Looking back into a moment that happens years ago feels quite clear, almost if it was yesterday…

“D-don’t run so fast!” She called out! But did I listen? No.

“Come on, find something worth running for?”  I called out. When we both made it to the lake out of breath we sat close together, but there wasn’t any skin contact.

“So what exactly where you running for?” she smiled. I knew what I wanted to tell her, but could I really? 

“That’s for me to know, and you not to!” I laughed. This was during our middle school years, and the beginning of our reunited friendship.

She thought before speaking then replied, “What if what you were running for something that was behind you... Would that mean you were running away from it?” My smile fated and my glace left her gaze…

The memory I knew I wasn’t ever going to forget began to fait away and another thought came pushing into the front of my train of thoughts, summer camp. The camp is filled with nothing but competitive jerks and s****y girls, not to mention, the same s****y girls and competitive jerks every year. It’s almost infuriating how snobby the all can be... The events don’t ever really change and nor do the people.

Mom sends me and Damian their every summer hopping I’d become more athletic? Well so they say. The only sport that I’d take any interest in that camp is swimming and it’s this year I’ve chosen to actually join the swimming team. You don’t have to rely on anybody when it comes to swimming. It’s just you and the water hitting your skin in that pool.

The unopened bag of chips were going to stay closed and so where my eyes. I feel asleep to the memories of this year, last year, and the summer between them both.

 



© 2010 Liz-z


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A, I feela flashback coming on...I think! Great way to start things off! I see how much Aaorn loves Jamie! :)
“What if what you were running for something that was behind you... Would that mean you were running away from it?”-I don't get this line.
fait-fade
hopping-hoping
snobby the all can be-they all can be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Pretty good chapter. This is a really good way to start off. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A, I feela flashback coming on...I think! Great way to start things off! I see how much Aaorn loves Jamie! :)
“What if what you were running for something that was behind you... Would that mean you were running away from it?”-I don't get this line.
fait-fade
hopping-hoping
snobby the all can be-they all can be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 22, 2010
Last Updated on September 22, 2010


Author

Liz-z
Liz-z

About
I love to write, even though I could use some more practice, constructive criticism perhaps? :) I love music, the end! THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GERARD WAY 1.thou shall never let.. more..

Writing