Wrong Way

Wrong Way

A Story by Janyce Helen Van Es

Janyce typed a short story for WritersCafe, munching on a toasted bagel, laden with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

 

 Johnny sneaked into the kitchen downstairs, and quietly grabbed the forbidden chip bag and shortcut through the bathroom to the den, unnoticed.

 

     “Cough, cough…Agaaaaahaaaa….cough…

 

    “John?”

 

   “Cough…a-haaam…cough…

 

   “Johnny, do you need me to hammer on your back?”

 

   “Cough…no….cough… gag, a-ham…no.”

 

    “Are you sick? You need some cough medicine?”

 

     “Hack!”

 

      Janyce briskly trotted down the stairs and followed the sound to solve the problem.

 

      “A chip slid down the wrong pipe, that’s all.”

 

       “Still dieting?”

© 2008 Janyce Helen Van Es


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is too funny, you've got such a magical way with words, my friend!

jkb

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lol! You two should have a tv show! I could picture John giggling to himself that he got away with the chips. Lord, he needs you there to pull his butt out of the fire! Always funny reading these stories! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


lmao. He tried to stuff them in his mouth so fast he swallowed without chewing, didn't he?!?!? lol. The images your stories paint are priceless.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2008

Author

Janyce Helen Van Es
Janyce Helen Van Es

Pottsboro, TX



About
I am just a hippie from the sixties: I Love to sketch, decorate and write. Gardening is my second delight My husband is lazy, and because we're both crazy, writers groups keep us out of a fight! It's.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..