Opinions are like a$$holes here's mine

Opinions are like a$$holes here's mine

A Story by Elisabeth Bowles

One of my biggest pet peeves.  Someone says they are doing something and they don't or someone says they won't so something and they do.  I've noticed this quality in many people in my life and I so try not to have it in mine.  I'm not saying that it is not forgivable, just not perferred.  Hypocracy is one of the few actions in my life I regret.  But I get the feeling it doesn't seem to bother so many other people.  Please take note that I am not speaking of anyone close to me in my life right now, as I said before it is a forgivable transgression, but I am speaking of people from the past who still wish to haunt me.  In my opinion these hypocrites are also the type of people who would take advantage of any situation to have it work in their favor no matter who they hurt.  Just remember they can go back on anything they say or do anyway.  I do feel sorry for these people they have to keep a public reputation, because they are so ashamed of their own true self.  For example someone says they are no longer going to dwell on their past that they are simply "Moving On" yet their past intrigues them so much they can't stop.  They almost become stalkerish from the desire for knowledge of information they have no right to have.  They may be hurting people with those actions and they don't even realize they are doing it, or maybe they wish to continually cause those people pain to make themselves feel better.  Someone who realizes the past is the past and there is nothing they can so to change it can actually let this person dwell in the past and have pity for them.  For while they are still dwelling they are not truly healing.  True healing is the only thing that can change this behavior, and you cannot truly heal while harboring resentment and anger.  I'm sure that everyone has heard when someone calls you a name it is their way of making themselves feel better by putting you down.  I however think it reflects more negatively on the name caller, for example, why would you call an ex a name?  Doesn't it reflect negatively on you because you loved that person?  Aren't you putting your beliefs, decisions, and emotions down more than you are putting your ex down?  Yeah, this person may have hurt you but there was something you loved about them once so to put them down now just makes you look hypocritical of your emotions and judgements in the past.  This brings us back to low self esteem and self shame.  I don't know what these people think these behaviors do for their reputation in the postive I only see negative outcomes from this behavior.  It really saddens me so many people live their lives like this and get joy from inflicting so much negativity into the world.  I have never been one for name calling, anyone who knows me will telll you that.  I don't see the point the only thing it does is showcase you as a negative and low human being.  It makes you look bad and doesn't necessarily hurt the person it's meant to.  Another thing that angers me is most of these hypocritical people think they are following the high road when they are really traveling under the bridge.  They think as long as their "show" of public behavior is saintly, they too are infact saintly.    This in my opinion is furthest from the truth.  These people are only degrading themselves with all of their negative comments.  I guess to wrap this up I'm just going to say while these people may annoy me I am no longer hurt by them.  I find their behavior to be something to pity.  I wish them strength and power to change their lives and be a better person.  For I believe there is enough evil in the world, and to produce more for a little self esteem boost is the most degrading thing a person can do.  I feel no human should ever be degraded especially by their own actions.

© 2008 Elisabeth Bowles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was said beauifully I agree that it is sad. Bravo.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 27, 2008

Author

Elisabeth Bowles
Elisabeth Bowles

Maineville, OH



About
I write because it is my passion. Not to be judged but to entertain the world. And for a little bit of self therapy. I love my family. I love my life. It has been a long journey to this spot, and.. more..

Writing