Aleatory

Aleatory

A Story by AmoreDistante
"

Definitely took creative license with what most people think of as a poem. This is what came barreling full force out of my mind one dark 3 a.m. at my kitchen table.

"

feel the beats pulse through my veins with every heartbeat calm washes over me as I am lost in the music. Its starts cold and hard at first then builds to hurried wave of warmth, finally I am swept up in a firm embrace as I think in time to the music as it passes through my headphones. The area around me fades to a blur  like the mad vibrant strokes of Van Goghs' StarryNight, dark and beautiful yet messy and indiscernible up close. All my thoughts fall around my feet like leaves on pavement being replaced by lyrics counting in time to the next phrase, the next crescendo. The blood rushing hot in my ears is taken over by a strong and steadying bass line, the words to my favorite songs painting the canvas of my mind. Reds blues vibrant hues and ugly shades in a tumultuous dance of dark and light. The lilt of a melody or chorus sweeping me up on ever changing wings to different destinations to towering woods of isolation, barren landscapes cracked and angry or soaring over roaring oceans whilst glistening rivulets of waters spray collect in my flaxen hair flowing wildly behind me as the speeds of my ascension to bliss increase with the beat as I leave the world behind. Nothing but my heartbeat with the bass... I pierce the clouds, awash in a new soft blue light. A small twinkling of chords like falling glass fade up. I sink into a soft cloud and envelops me in pure sound feeling the vibrations to every word every note. my heart is the bass, my fingers the notes dotting the duskly lit sky of my universe like holes in the shadow box letting  the light shine through. In my peaceful place, in my music I am untouchable. 

© 2013 AmoreDistante


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well Done! Keep it up! Do u read mine 2 TIME, Anguish and MANNER..if possible then gives ur review..

Posted 10 Years Ago


I enjoyed your story. It has some hope!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The beautiful dance of pitch. All those colors leave you in awe. All you can do is listen to them, staring into nowhere like an idiot. I know this feeling. I like that feeling. I can't really explain it in words, but you did. That's cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2013
Last Updated on April 26, 2013
Tags: music, scenery, feeling, escape, inner peace


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You and Me You and Me

A Poem by Hiral


Life Life

A Poem by Robin


The Review The Review

A Poem by Robin