Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Eder Gonzalez
"

This is the chapter 10. Please read it and say what you think. ANY COMMENT IS WELCOME.

"

Chapter 10

 

It was a cloudy day, nothing new. It was just another not surprising holiday. I did not even know why it was holiday but I really needed. It was those days in which you finally feel you can rest. There were many things to do regarding studies but who cares about it at this point of my life. I was sitting in a café and nothing was concerning me neither bothering me. I was checking my phone many times and trying to find on the net something that catched my attention but only websites without authentic material showed up on my screen.

 

My phone ring was annoying me, so I unlocked it and a new message appeared. -Let’s meet at 4:30- I liked it because I did want to spend more time being in that café and writing about what was in my mind. I was trying to find a new path but nothing surprised me at that moment. Nothing that was the word that I wanted to highlight because nothing is better than doing what you want at the moment you desire. Nowadays, people desire many things but they are just afraid of risking the stability they have been creating year by year. Most of the time they are just afraid of living, but what is the meaning of living?. Probably no one knows the right meaning but we pretend to be knowable of that.

 

Being aware of the things we want but not being capable of doing it is basically nothing. In this café, I have heard many stories about people who want to be married and they look really excited about that moment and talk passionately about it but I do not know if they really want that. Being passionate about something can be fake because unfortunately, we value things in the way we need. It is nice to remember that girl’s face and her mother looking at the wedding planner and commenting how they wanted the wedding to be. Well, I do not know why I want to write about that story but I hope she obtains what she desired for her special day. Nowadays, being married can be something that many people expect and it has been considered a life goal. Life goals are all those objectives we want to achieve during this endeavor that sometimes can turn out to be an complete ordeal. Is life an ordeal? - Not sure about it - Who knows ?. Recently, I heard someone talking about bringing babies to this world, and mentioned something very weird about that. She said that a friend of a friend said that it was terrible to bring more people to this suffered world. I did not acknowledge that comment but it made me think of the purpose of life, and the different challenges people need to face during the different stages of their lives. Not too much to say about it because it could be an endless chapter.

 

I finished my cappuccino, I looked around and I realized that I was surrounded by many people in that quiet café. I thought in all their stories but I had to move on to a date. Time was right to see that girl. Honestly, I was expecting to decline the date because there was always something at the last minute to meet her. Remembering her perfect smile makes me think of “the undone things”. What is that? - Well, those are things that people expect that others do normally in a relationship but they just do not do because of the personality, religion, beliefs, mental statements, experiences just to name a few. Clearly, what makes you do and believe in things is the epistemology. In other words, it is how you see the world. It is your personal len to analyse and comprehend the outside world. Based on that, I can say that my way to love people is driven by my refined epistemology. I turned off my laptop and drove to the a cheaper Mall in the city. It is cheaper than the one I’m used to visiting with my colleagues and close friends. On the way, I started to think of all the things that have not matched in my life journey and unfortunately I did not find anything wrong on that. All mistakes that I have made during my “ordeal” understanding as the group of all my days. In other words, I could say it’s the most beautiful ordeal because reflections arrived at my mind per each moment I have lived.  

 

Arriving at the Mall, I had some problems to park because parking is something that I did not learn well, but I am still practicing because I have to do it every single day. I went upstairs and I saw her. There, she was - smiling and I barely smiled back. We kissed each other and her scent was detected by my nose. Honestly, I felt really well by seeing her smiling. She asked me about my day and I asked the same question and a long conversation started. That long conversation was basically about all the things she did during her work shift. She was working in a well-known language institute and a few years; I applied to work there, but they never called me back and suddenly, one day they called to inform me about the result of the entry test but I never understood because according to them, I passed that exam. Then, I reflected and I think that probably my personality does not fit in that company because I consider myself that I am conceited and sometimes, I am self-centered. It is hard to recognize my weird personality but I am thankful for not being hired in that institute because later I was hired by one of the most promising companies in the language learning and teaching field.

 

Companies always keep in secrets many things they get when they evaluate a person. It would be honest to share that information with the person so it would help people to evaluate themselves in their way to be or to review some information provided during the process. Applying for a job is something makes us think if we are really prepared for any job in the field we studied. Nowadays, this is kind of process are directed and redirected by specific purposes or individual purposes. Well - kind of these thoughts were shared in that long conversation. I was not complete and there was something missing in that meeting. This was said because all the conversation went around the same topic. It was dull at some point. How can a long conversation be dull? - It is simple because it is the same topic every single meeting. We ran out of topics. That’s true and I did not do anything to change it. I asked myself about why I just barely smiled back at the first contact in the meeting. It was simple, something was missing. Something that I was needing or to be more accurate I was just craving that “missed thing”.  Have you ever felt…?



© 2017 Eder Gonzalez


Author's Note

Eder Gonzalez
Ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, what do you think it happened before, what do you think it would happen

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017
Tags: education, studies, young, technology


Author

Eder Gonzalez
Eder Gonzalez

Barranquilla, Caribe, Colombia



About
I'm an English teacher and I enjoy writing about life events and personal reflections. I am 27 years old and I just signed up on this account to read and write about whatever I have in my mind. I hope.. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)