apache lake

apache lake

A Poem by Ed Hart
"

for brother dave

"

sometimes

it is better to stand

next to something

older than an idea


these mountains

roll to the shore of me

like waves petrified


life has a place

to go seek

and a pilgrim

to pause

© 2017 Ed Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'We are part of every season lived, every person loved. every place visited.' Not my words but somehow echo you: 'Life has a place to go seek and a pilgrim to pause'.

Posted 7 Years Ago


You are most brilliant to read. Inspiring, too. I hope some rubs off on me.

Kelly

Posted 7 Years Ago


It shows the character of a person who must often taken time to reflect on the journey, but then admits that it is worth the effort to continue; a pilgrim's purpose is one who makes the trip one to remember with the good and the bad.
You indicate this is for your brother. You are perhaps the one who is not afraid; your brother the one who will carry on. The mountain shall roll to the shore but the shore does not end.
Excellent thoughts!

Posted 7 Years Ago


and often i feel like that pilgrim...pausing to decide whether to go seek...
that mountain keeps rolling...and if i don't move soon, might just get crushed by my own inertia.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 12, 2017

Author

Ed Hart
Ed Hart

Olympia, WA



About
3/11/17, i am taking this way to notify my friends and readers that several months ago i was given my walking papers from this dimension...i have pancreatic cancer, stage 4, metastasized...so, you can.. more..

Writing
embers embers

A Poem by Ed Hart


broken broken

A Poem by Ed Hart