The Odyssey of Flight 370

The Odyssey of Flight 370

A Screenplay by Earl F.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking.  At this time flight 370 has begun its final decent into Beijing Capital International Airport.  Please ensure that your seat belts are fastened and your tray tables are returned to their full upright and locked position.  Very soon our flight attendants will be making one last pass through the cabin in order to collect any remaining beverages.  If you are connecting in Beijing please check the video monitors upon deplaning for your new flight information and on behalf of the entire crew we thank you for choosing Air Malaysia.  Beijing local time is 06:30 UTC, 8 March, 2014. We thank you again and we’ll be on the ground shortly.”


Upon concluding his landing announcement the captain checks with his first officer for final landing preparations and then switches radio frequencies to contact Beijing approach.


(MH370) “Beijing Tower, Malaysia Three-Seven-Zero Heavy requesting left closed traffic.”


(No response)


(MH370) “Beijing Tower, I say again.  This is Malaysia Three-Seven-Zero Heavy requesting left closed traffic.”


(Short silence)


(Beijing Tower) “To the aircraft identifying itself as Malaysia Heavy, please repeat call sign.”


(MH370 - sounding slightly confused) “Beijing Tower this is Three-Seven-Zero Heavy, over?”


(Extended silence)


(Beijing Tower - stern voice) “To the aircraft identifying itself as Malaysia Heavy, your call sign cannot possibly be Three-Seven-Zero.  That ID was retired by your airline 27 years ago in 2014 when the original flight disappeared and was never found.  Now, please stop joking around and reply with correct ID.”


(MH370)  (Silence in the cockpit.  The pilot and co-pilot share a common look of incredulity.)


(MH370 - The captain addresses the passengers) "Ladies and gentlemen.  This is the captain.  We (slight pause) seem to have a problem here ..."


(Screen fades to black; the announcer is cued.)


"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call..."

© 2014 Earl F.


Author's Note

Earl F.
My style (or lack there of) will be convincing evidence that I have never attempted to write before. That is why I am here ...to learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting and original concept! Take a look at my version of what had happened to Flight 370 which is on my profile

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My intent is not to belittle the passengers or their families. We all live through grief and find ways to deal with it. If this story offends I sincerely apologize.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting ideas here, look forward to seeing what else you can do

Posted 10 Years Ago


The odyssey of flight 33 was one of my favorite episodes. I wrote one myself on another episode. For someone who doesn't write, you did a great job. I'm sure they'll find out eventually what happened to the plane.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 21, 2014
Tags: Air Malaysia, MH370, Twilight Zone

Author

Earl F.
Earl F.

Lancaster, PA



About
My passion is music and science fiction. I am the program director for my own internet radio broadcast - EMix! Radio (www.EMixRadio.us). I have always wanted to write SF short stories. Now, I am .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Earl F.