CH. 1 Behold, A Child is Born

CH. 1 Behold, A Child is Born

A Chapter by Smooth J-cool

  The feeling in my hand started to quickly fade away from Jade's squeezing. I couldn't believe it was really happening. Jade was giving birth to my kid.

  "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME NOW!," Jade screamed.

  "Baby, please calm down & ease up on my hand," I said.

  The doctor started to giggle but quickly ceased when he saw Jade's face.

  "Okay, now I'm going to need you to push Jade."

  Soon after that, a beautiful baby boy was born. I was in awe.  Jade wanted the sex of the baby to be a surprise, but I knew it was going to be a boy. The doctor handed this beautiful creation from God to me.

  "Congratulations Mr. Jones. Here is your son; What's his name?," Dr. Anderson asked.

  I always wanted to name my son Corey, but Jade quickly burst out saying "Brandon Elijah Jones Jr." I couldn't help but have a big cheesy smile on my face. I kissed Jade on the forehead & went to go sit down in the chair with Brandon Jr. firmly in my arms.

  "Hi Brandon. This is your daddy," I smiled," Thank you God for my son & Jade. This is truly a blessing."

  I glanced at Jade who seemed like she was about to pass out. The doctor went back under & then came back up and said that there was another baby coming.

  "TWINS," Jade & I said in unison.

  The nurse took Brandon Jr. to be cleaned. I walked back over to Jade and held her hand. I started to think about raising 2 kids. The money, the clothes, bottles, formula, etc. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor.

   I woke up in a separate room hours later. My Mom & Dad were sleeping in the hospital room's chairs. I sat up & called their names. My dad woke up first & rushed to the side of the bed. I felt comfort knowing that they were there for me.

  "Brandon, just relax. The nurse will be back soon," he said.

  "What happened Dad," I asked.

  "Well first, your hand went numb from Jade squeezing it," he laughed," Second, you passed out. You got a little light headed from just being in the room."

  The nurse walked in with a clipboard in one hand & a bottle of water in the other. She handed the bottle of water to me. I drank a little swig.

  "Are the babies okay? Can I go see them?"

  "Of course. All your Dad has to do is sign you out."

  My Dad followed the nurse into the hallway. I quickly got up from the bed, put on my clothes, & walked over to my mother. I gently tapped her shoulder. She woke up & looked at me. She smiled and asked me if I was okay. I gave her a little half grin.

  "Okay, we're good here," my dad said.

  I guided my mother back to Jade's room. Jade was sleeping so peacefully. I didn't want to disturb her so I just let her sleep. I walked with my parents & the Sanders to go see the kids. When I got to the window, I didn't have to look for them. They were laying in their cribs, right in front of me. My second child was another baby boy.

  "What did Jade name him," I asked Mrs. Sanders.

  "Noah Emmanuel Jones," she responded.

  I was overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Of course I only planned on one kid, but two kids???

  For the next 4 days, I stayed with Jade in the hospital. We talked about our future. I graduated last year & I took off a year for Jade. Convincing my parents to let me do so was hard but I made the right choice. After the 4 days, I took her back to her place. she started back to school in 6 weeks. I stayed at her parents house throughout that whole period. Changing diapers was a challenge for me. Luckily, both of our family's were very supportive, but my father always made it known that I had to be a man and take care of my kids. After Jade went back to school, I hired a babysitter for Brandon & Noah. I had to get a job if I wanted to continue to support my family. The problem I was having was that no one seemed to want to hire people in march. I looked everywhere. One day I ended up in the local pizza shop looking through the classifieds. When I looked up, I saw my friend Ashley & Jade's friend Angelica.

  "Hey B, what's goin' on," Angelica asked.

  "Looking for a job. No luck though," I replied.

  "My Dad is the Editor-in-Chief at this magazine in DC, he's looking for an intern. I would take it but I'm not tryna get no coffee for some boozsie white people," Ashley laughed.

  "Hey, I'm half white remember," Angelica replied.

  "Girl, everyone in this whole city know you black," I said," Now what magazine does he work for?"

  "Swagga Central. It's a new urban magazine. They only printed 1 issue so far and they sold over 250,000 copies the first day."

  "Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to check this out. Thanks Ashy Ash"

  "No problem B," she replied. Ashley and Angelica returned to the pizza line.

  I got up and headed to my car, when I saw Darryl walking down the street with Danae & Tanya. Tanya had on these skin tight booty shorts with a Blue Hollister top on with blue Air Max's. She was holding her Blackberry Curve in one hand and had her arm around Darryl. Danae was wearing a simple black top. jeans, and black flats. She followed behind them. Tanya glanced at me with a look that gave me chills.

  "Yo Darryl, can I speak to you real quick," I said.

  Darryl broke away from Tanya & walked over to my car. I told him to get in on the passenger side. I walked over to the driver's side & got in. Darryl looked at Tanya & Danae, who were leaning on the window of the pizza place. He looked back at me.

  "What you need bruh," he asked.

  "Why you hanging out wit Tanya? And more important,  why haven't you talked to Jade since you found out she was pregnant?"

  "I ain't got nothin' to do with what she do with you. That's you and her life, not mine."

  "I don't know if you had feelings for Jade or not but being mad at me is not going to solve anything. Jade needs you. Yes, I'm her boyfriend but she had a bond with you that I could never have with her."

  "You serious," he asked

  I gave him a stern look."I'm the last person who would lie to you"

  "Can we go see her now?"

  "Yeah I'll drive you."

  I turned on the car, rolled down the windows on the passenger side & yelled "Bye Hoe" to Tanya & drove off.


© 2011 Smooth J-cool


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a really good write man, keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh that was awesome!! Great way to start off the new book from Brandon's point of view. I like it, but i would love a little more detail.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

Smooth J-cool
Smooth J-cool

Fredericksburg, VA



About
I'm 16 and I love to write. I've been writing ever since I was little, but now I'm starting to take it seriously. I write about what I know and what I experience. I try to make my stories as real as p.. more..

Writing