Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by E. Kang

Reyna gasped out loud. Carter shushed her, but Monica heard and came over. She asked Reyna, "What is it, dear?" Reyna tore her eyes away from Carter.
"I've met Carter before! Back ho--" Carter cut her off.
"We met by Wade Lake," he explained, "earlier today." Reyna, sensing something was going on, didn't say anything.
"Well, isn't that nice," exclaimed Monica. "You can both get to know each other more now!" Carter smiled and got up, grabbing Reyna's hand.
"If you'll excuse us, Aunt Monica, we'll go get to know each other now," he said, pulling Reyna's arm, indicating she should follow. Leading her into an empty part of the house, he turned on her.
"Don't ever mention that I've been to Earth," he hissed.
"Wait, so the place we're in now isn't Earth??"
"No. It's a completely different world. If anyone finds out I've been to your world, there would be so much trouble! We aren't allowed to step foot onto Earth."
"Why not?"
"If I were to explain to you, it'd take too long. Just don't tell anyone you met me on Earth. And more importantly, don't mention that you're from Earth, either. Trust me, alright?" Reyna didn't want to trust this boy who happened to be from a world entirely different from her own.
"I don't trust you, but just tell me why I can't trust anyone else. I mean, Monica and Arman seem kind and everything."
"They'll tell the High Council that you claim to come from a world that they've never heard of. Besides, one Amalynian man long time ago went to Earth and came back diseased. That's why I have to get you back to Earth as soon as possible. There's no way of knowing if you're diseased or not."
"So you guys are called Amalynians? What is your world called?'
"Amalynt."
"Oh, so that explains it..." muttered Reyna, thinking about the A on the key.
"What?"
"Nothing. When are you going to take me back to Earth'?"
"How about right now?"
"Wow, can't even spend the night in this new and fascinating world?" Reyna joked. "Wait, what were you doing on Earth today?" Carte avoided her look and hastily said, "Let's get a move on." Saying a quick goodbye and a thank you to Monica and Arman, Reyna followed Carter out the door.
"Do you remember which way you came from?" asked Carter.
"Yeah, I came from the forest. There was this little clearing, a circle of trees." Carter stopped and looked at her.
"That sounds like the way I get to and from Earth," he said, sounding slightly concerned.
"Do you have a key, Reyna?" he asked slowly. She nodded and started to pull the key out of her pocket, but Carter stopped her.
"Wait until we get into the forest!" Quickening their pace, they reached the little clearing in no time. Carter pulled out his key, an exact copy of Reyna's, and asked her to pull hers out too.
"Reyna, which tree did you come out from?" he asked her. Reyna looked around and recognized the tree immediately. She pointed to it and Carter nodded.
"I use that one too. How odd..." he trailed off. Walking over to the tree, Reyna saw the little door right away. Key in hand, she strode over to the door. Turning to Carter, she prepared a goodbye in her head, unsure if she'd ever see this handsome boy again.
"Since I probably won't ever see you again, I guess I should say goodbye," she said.
"Yeah, but I go to Earth a lot, even if I'm not supposed to. Maybe we'll see each other around," he said, smiling. Reyna's heart flipped. Smiling back, she returned her focus to the door. Unwilling to leave this beautiful world, she looked around one last time and took a deep breath of the pure air. Putting the key into the doorknob, she unlocked the door and swung it open. Expecting to see her secret room, Reyna was completely shocked to see nothing but bark with a sort of note etched into the wood. She gasped.
Carter peered over her shoulder. He saw the etchings in the wood and read the note. Apparently it was in a language he could read and understand. Carter read it aloud for her:
SHE MAY COME AND GO AS SHE PLEASES
THOUGH WHILE SHE IS HERE SHE MUST TRAIN
UNDISEASED AND FULL OF PURE LOVE
SHE POSES NO DANGER AND IS SAFE
ALTHOUGH DARK TIMES ARE COMING
SHE WILL BE OUR BEACON OF LIGHT
OUR BEACON OF LIGHT WITH SUCH POWER TO SAVE US ALL


© 2011 E. Kang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011


Author

E. Kang
E. Kang

WA



About
Currently working on three stories. Stay tuned! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by E. Kang