EXPECTATIONS

EXPECTATIONS

A Poem by kitty
"

The grass is not always greener!

"
         
                      EXPECTATIONS

She waits anxiously as fluffy clouds lift
        displaying the beauty of clear blue sky.
Ah, raindrops cease
that beam of light - precariously shines.

Are you ready to claim the surprise in store,
be disappointed even more?

Where is that pot of gold we envisaged we'd see
The honey's become tasteless to me.

That beam of light has widened some more  
revealing the true reality of dreams 
too high in the sky that are beyond one's means.

Created @ 7.30am on Tuesday 11th Feb. 2020

© 2020 kitty


Author's Note

kitty
There is a light that shines in the mind...suddenly revealing the true reality!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is a poignant reflection on the nature of hope and disappointment, and the way that our expectations can shape our experience of the world. The opening lines, "She waits anxiously as fluffy clouds lift / displaying the beauty of clear blue sky," create a sense of anticipation and excitement, as if the speaker is waiting for something magical to happen. However, the line "Ah, raindrops cease / that beam of light - precariously shines" suggests that this moment of beauty is fleeting, and that the speaker's hopes may not be fully realized.

The lines "Are you ready to claim the surprise in store, / be disappointed even more?" capture the sense of uncertainty and risk that comes with hoping for something better, while the lines "Where is that pot of gold we envisaged we'd see / The honey's become tasteless to me" convey a sense of disappointment and disillusionment.

The final lines of the poem, "That beam of light has widened some more / revealing the true reality of dreams / too high in the sky that are beyond one's means," are particularly powerful, suggesting that the speaker has come to a realization that their dreams may be unattainable, and that the beauty they had hoped to find in the world may be out of reach.

Overall, your poem is a moving exploration of the complexities of hope and disappointment, and the way that our expectations can shape our experience of the world. I appreciate the way you use vivid imagery and metaphor to draw the reader into your world, and the way that your poem captures the bittersweet nature of the human experience.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Nah remember expectations kills relationships...The grass is not always greener as the moon is not always brighter in sky! Stay hungry, stay foolish ...

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

4 Years Ago

I agree. The grass always seems greener!Ignorance is Bliss eh!
Writer at last! Sky ~

4 Years Ago

Hmm smat girl lol....
for some the dream of rainbows is always there, but unfortunately what shows up is just more days of rain.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

4 Years Ago

We have to adopt that positive attitude and pray that our God will see us through. Thank you so much.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 17, 2020
Last Updated on February 17, 2020
Tags: Even gold looses it glitter

Author

kitty
kitty

Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom



About
Mature writer. Would like to explore the possibility of posting small humble pieces on this site. Have self published and am seeking further advancement of of recent creations. more..

Writing
I WAITED I WAITED

A Poem by kitty