A Fragrant Memory

A Fragrant Memory

A Poem by Emma Berman
"

Exactly 200 words. What up, cafe?

"

The scent entered my nose and stopped me in my tracks, as if my nose were a reminiscing ghost of the past, and it triggered a saga of memories- both sweet and bitter, of the man who’s skin emanated the same smell; the smell that was so arousing and agonizing, how it could cause me to smile and tear; he who played my heart-strings, so elegantly, with his bared teeth smelled just like that scent I smelled on the street in the nighttime coming off the skin of a man whom I did not know at all; but how the smell of his skin compelled me so: I was convinced beyond reason that this stranger and I were destined to meet and his scent was a delivered proof from the universe, I normally did not believe such things but my desperate love for the man who first wore the smell moved me beyond logic into a sea of fear and joy, and I wanted to swim again- if not with him, perhaps with the new man who’s delectable scent was so pungent that it had me standing still in the street in the night, waiting- just waiting- for my love.

© 2012 Emma Berman


Author's Note

Emma Berman
This is one 200 word sentance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully done. To me, this read more like a prose poem than anything. All requirements for the contest were met in this one, great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so good! I commend you for this; these sentences are rather tricky, but you seem to have mastered the art. Lovely job telling a story here in EXACTLY 200 words. Dang girl! Haha, great work. :)
And ya, I was looking at a lot of the contest submissions and they're not even 200-word sentences... people these days.. tsk tsk

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful. I didnt even realise until it was finished that it was all one sentence.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, i really enjoyed this...... I was like what happened next after i finished the last line. This was nicely done and i thank you for the great read.

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

858 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 20, 2012
Tags: scent, love, memory

Author

Emma Berman
Emma Berman

About
Iay eakspay igpay atinlay. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse