Chapter 2: Beginning Life on Earth

Chapter 2: Beginning Life on Earth

A Chapter by ~Ali~
"

Oswald goes home

"

Chapter 2:

Beginning Life on Earth

Coming home was interesting. The door opened to a warmth, a cosy feeling, a cinnomin smell.

"Welcome home, baby Oswald." whispered my mother.

It was like a cottage, busy decor, red walls, but that was just the living room. The living room had an open window kitchen bar in the back that took up half the wall, followed by an open gap. The kitchen was tan; sorry, "beige" as my mother calls it. Then there was the dining room, so very formal, the walls were white, except for a dark green strip surrounded by molding in the middle. There was a beautiful, shiny, chrystal chandeleir hanging from the cealing. The rooms were separated by half walls or a staircase with a closet. The curtains were closed so there was only light coming from timed lamps. I was in awe.

Then I saw it. That awful cat! I knew it hated me and I hated it. It was all 100% pure black. I'm not superstitious either! It hissed and scurried away.

...

Later on, maybe a few months later, I was given one of those foam floor puzzles of the ABCs.

"Thank you," said my mother,"I'm sure he'll love it."

Well, they are so brightly colored I wanted it right then. So I did what any person would do. I stood up from the baby seat, walked over, grabbed it, walked to the middle of the room, sat down, and began clawing at the plastic. The whole room was silent until I heard an oohh!! and applause that made me jump. I looked over and every one, I mean seven women, aunts, grandmothers and my mother, with a camera filming or photographing the event I thought was normal. My Aunt Caroliene scooted over and opened the plastic and gave me a kiss.

"Amazing,"she said.

Then, I popped out all the letters and put the puzzle together. Then I put the letters back in. They watched as I did this in only15 minutes. My mother fainted.



© 2010 ~Ali~


Author's Note

~Ali~
enjoy! I hope the c cooperated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on June 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 27, 2010


Author

~Ali~
~Ali~

About
Not much to know..... I play trumpet, sing, and am attempting piano and guitar(again). I hope to become a creative writer such as songwriting. My favorite book genre is historical fiction. I started a.. more..

Writing
Chapter One: Birth Chapter One: Birth

A Chapter by ~Ali~