Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Haunted.

Haunted.

A Poem by NotaBene

I could have lived my entire life without ever knowing that you existed. 
Our entire relationship which was once my only hope now just seems so materialistic. 

You creep into my lament lit hallways. Your shadow continues to darken my doorways. 
I erase your scent through incense and smudging until my fingers smell of sage. 

a tiny dose of you is excreted in every tear that I shed.  
My dreams are haunted by lingering whispers of  daunting words that you once said. 

Some times I can hear your voice in a discontented grunt he made towards my direction. 
You never really allowed for any error, a unsympathetic man always pointing out my imperfections.

A feeling of dread washes over me when I realize I have failed to lived up to set standards.  
A self entitled analytical a*****e who valued gentility and candor. 

You never really wanted to be around me, so why does your spirit continue to linger?
In a shout, a scornful word, in the cracking voice of a childhood singer. 

Your photos have nothing but smiling faces, full of so much life.
but I can only recall angry glares, hostility and phone calls full of strife. 

I know if the world cared to care it would find me so indecisive. 
When one moment I am so sure I am over you, the next I find your memory priceless. 

How do you remember the good times, when there were never any of them to find? 
How did I ever call you husband, when there wasn't a moment you were ever really mine? 

If time heals all wounds, how long does it take a wound to heal? 
if men grow softer with age, how long will it take for you to feel? 

Because of you I am sensitive to a touch, sensitive to a smell. 
sensitive to the wayward notion, that somebody someday might treat me well. 

If I ever was to beg for anything it would be for the scars you left to leave. 
I want your face to fade away, so I can just go back to being me. 

© 2015 NotaBene


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear poet, I wish you the best of good fortune with your book, and your ghost.
I hope the one will bring you true recognition, and the other will leave you in true peace.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015
Tags: love, separation, divorce, breakup, healing, spirituality