Have a little faith.

Have a little faith.

A Poem by NotaBene
"

Just expressing what's on my mind.

"
From the beginning we didn't exactly what you could call, see eye to eye. 
I just chalked it up to being different prerogatives of polar opposite minds. 
While you chose to express yourself through lyrics, I chose to express myself through rhymes, 
While you are so sure of everything, I choose to keep an open mind. 

I still can't lay my finger on it, why you come off as so hypocritical, 
Perhaps I am being too judgmental or just too analytical, 
but if the term "nails on a chalk board" were to be taken literal, 
that's how you come off, though I know you're just trying to be hospitable. 

Here's the truth, the beauty of the world is that its filled with different ideas from different people.
What you may perceive as being justice, others can perceive as being evil. 
and what you may perceive as truth, others may perceive as deceitful. 
Some may find wisdom in the Qu'ran, you might find it in Ezekiel. 
It doesn't really matter where it's from as long as to you it's meaningful. 

Everything you say, seems to be the exact opposite of what you portray
and I really can't imagine that you intended to come off this way. 
I understand that all this indoctrination has be ingrained in you some way. 
and that you find some sort of comfort in bowing your head to pray. 

I am not trying to discourage you, I just want you to understand 
That your beliefs do not reflect the beliefs of each and every man. 
I know you think you're making a difference, trying to bring peace and love to our land. 
But we don't have to change the entire world, we just have to do what we can. 

Now there's nothing wrong with faith, but you seem to want the world to see. 
which leaves me alone to wonder, who are you trying to convince? you or me? 
Now you are beautiful with an soulful history, 
and behind that smile you hide a saddened mystery. 

Now I've not always done my part as far as being empathetic 
and I will never be able to give you what you want, as far as being apologetic.
but no matter how hard I try to be, I will never be apathetic. 

I wish you could see the beauty in you, so you could stop being vindictive. 
Understand that you have a world around you that is prepared to listen. 
Someone who is willing to see you for more than what is being depicted, 
if you would only stop allowing yourself to play the victim. 

I've said before that I didn't expect worldly thinking from small town minds. 
but something that is universal to us all is the inclination to be kind. 
I know what it's like to want to give up, and want to leave the world behind. 
I know what it's like to suffer bondage and to feel confined. 

I am not saying I know better than you, I have lessons left to be learned. 
I have hopes, and dreams, and beliefs that have yet to be confirmed. 
I am also not trying to judge you, I am just genuinely concerned 
about what it is you're seeking and what you are trying to learn. 

If you could just open up a little, I could show you a different world. 
Where your hopes, dreams, and aspirations would have freedom to unfurl. 

© 2015 NotaBene


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very good, a good speech I must say. The speech which everyone must hear and understand. It's obvious that you cannot keep gun-point on my head and ask me to follow some rules which are ethical for you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like the honest and strong tone to the poetry. We need to know what is true or not. The thoughts and description brought to life. Situations and possibilities.
"If you could just open up a little, I could show you a different world.
Where your hopes, dreams, and aspirations would have freedom to unfurl. "
A perfect ending above. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 8 Years Ago


I am not saying I know better than you, I have lessons left to be learned.
I have hopes, and dreams, and beliefs that have yet to be confirmed.

Brave words,
Great imaginary.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015
Tags: faith, religion, thoughts, compromise, understanding, empathy, friendship

Author

NotaBene
NotaBene

Cleveland, TN



Writing
Haunted. Haunted.

A Poem by NotaBene



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


We. We.

A Poem by Simran Kewlani