Want to be Noticed

Want to be Noticed

A Story by Monster ^.^
"

Well things could be much worse

"
I didn't think it would be so effective, the new shirt I bought, that is.

Yesterday, I was a nobody. In fact, even the day before and the day before that day--ever since I could remember. When I smile at people, they smile back... to the person behind me. I'm practically transparent to them! Sheesh.

It was so frequent that I took time to look at myself in the mirror.

 Hey, I don't look that bad! Probably not handsome, but not bad! So why don't people notice me? Was it my attitude? The air I hold? Well, probably, but I didn't know what to do with that!

And that's when I thought: clothes. I need new ones anyway, so I thought of buying a classy one. What? I like to stand out, well, I think that's better than not being noticed... and so I bought one!

And like I said, it was so effective! People are literally STARING at me! I was having a hard time keeping myself from jumping from Joy! It worked! At last! Well... not for too long...

"Mister, you still got the tag on, right there," a small girl pointed at the small piece on my back. After I took it off, people noticed me no more. Crap.


© 2013 Monster ^.^


Author's Note

Monster ^.^
Well, so this really didn't happen to me! thank goodness! :) but don't forget to check your stuff before going out! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I smile to people, they smile back... to the person behind me. I'm practically transparent to them! Sheesh. D'awww doubt that you're a good looking guy i was thinking to myself then I continued reading :P hahaha hilarious end :P i love your short stories, so organic and down to earth.

After I (feel there's a word missing here) it off, people noticed me no more. Crap.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

I just noticed the missing word! Hahaha! Should have read it again before publishing! Thanks for rea.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
hahaha... the ending was epic fun...
at some point in our lives we want to get notice...
the thing is how? well its not about the cloths or how you pretend... its how you inspire others, or be yourself in doing something very good in life ..... or how you make your life worthwhile in every step and choices you make...
i really enjoyed this write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

True... it's not mostly about the outside but the inside!
Pax

11 Years Ago

yup! keep creating kabayan...
Hahahahaha I really enjoyed this and the way it ended was clever. :)

"When I smile to people they smile back"
Perhaps: When I smile at people they smile back.

Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

yeah, thanks!
When I smile to people, they smile back... to the person behind me. I'm practically transparent to them! Sheesh. D'awww doubt that you're a good looking guy i was thinking to myself then I continued reading :P hahaha hilarious end :P i love your short stories, so organic and down to earth.

After I (feel there's a word missing here) it off, people noticed me no more. Crap.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

I just noticed the missing word! Hahaha! Should have read it again before publishing! Thanks for rea.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: shirt, new shirt, shirt tag, tag, noticed, want

Author

Monster ^.^
Monster ^.^

Philippines



About
My real name is JS Legara. I'm Male, 18 years of age, taking up Accountancy. I really love writing Short Stories, I like them funny. Since I could make through poetry and stage plays o-kay, I try t.. more..

Writing
Beyond Beyond

A Poem by Monster ^.^



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ The Red Moss ~ The Red Moss

A Poem by


~ The Man of Gold ~ The Man of Gold

A Poem by


~ The Phantoms ~ The Phantoms

A Story by