Romantic Rains

Romantic Rains

A Poem by Elvis Gilley
"

Visions of a rainy August morning and the beauty which it beholds

"

    Autumn rains fill my days and nights while my heart stands alone beneath the palms frons. I admire the beauty of life's creator and the passion with which he strokes the canvas of life. What a lovely masterpiece of harmony, wrapped in an envelope of tranquility before it reaches his treasured creation. Delivered, it is a rainy day full of love, hope, and the promise of eternal devotion.

   

    I glance upon the raindrops falling upon the earth. Love waiting to be expressed through the touch of a friend that is what each is like unto. A soft pink rose, drawn close longing to be caressed by the droplets of her lovers tears. Loving kisses of affection to refresh their life with romantic rains.

  

    I watch as the palms deep roots drink from the waters of hope. Seeking reassurance from the doubts and cares of tomorrow. Focused solely on the day ahead and the hope held therein. A peaceful dream of hope that remains firmly rooted in the thoughts of today. The palm  quenches her thirst as the emotional roots drink from springs of faith.

   

    I stare into the gray sky as the vibrant colors of the rainbow fill my soul. I watch as the clouds begin to roll away. The rains are softer now and the romance is coming to an end. Yet I am reminded of a promise I once heard  Though romance may come and go we always have a promise of everlasting devotion.

   

    For just as rain falls upon my head as I stand here in the doorway of this shelter. I remember my love, hope, and eternal devotions. Just as the raindrops love their lives and find hope in friends. I do as well. For me this artistic illusion was better than a Monet.

© 2012 Elvis Gilley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012
Tags: God, love, understanding, intimacy

Author

Elvis Gilley
Elvis Gilley

New Brocton, AL



About
I love writing poetry about life, spirituality, and love. I have been writing for many years. Though I feel I posses a gift for it, I am learning. I love photography. Black and whites are my favorite .. more..

Writing
Nothing Nothing

A Poem by Elvis Gilley


Rain Rain

A Poem by Elvis Gilley