Rotten To The Core

Rotten To The Core

A Story by E. Lynn Martin

I have always been an advocate for getting into shape and staying healthy. Working-out and eating right is something that I preach all the time. One thing I have always known and is getting slapped in the face with during this “Insanity” program is that I truly have a rotten core.
For those unfamiliar with with the term “core” it all has to do with the foundation in which you are able to achieve maximum results while doing any type of exercise.
Core: the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything.
Just as the definition mentions, It IS the most essential part of anything.


Why is strengthening your core so important?


With years of being active and championing exercise (and even doing PT) one thing I have noticed is that my center of gravity is so off center. How did this finally come to head? Well, I completed my 4th day of Beachbody: “Insanity” Max Interval Training, and today’s workout was Cardio Recovery. After doing the Cardio Power and Resistance workout yesterday, it was absolutely needed. The Cardio Recovery workout was mostly about stretching and balancing.
While I am relatively strong and fit, I found myself having a hard time holding a stretch. With some of the deep, yoga(esk) stretching (while lifting and holding) I found my legs buckling quite a bit. Stephen T, in the video always tells you to find your balance, squeeze and hold your core tight. I was getting so upset because I know that if my core was a lot stronger, I would be able to do the stretches and holds longer without rest. I am also aware that the stronger my core is, then I would be able to push through the intense plyometric and cardio workouts.


The Truth


I will admit, I did cry on my 2nd day of Insanity (Plyometric Cardio Circuit training). But while Insanity had me on the floor crying and sweating like rain, it only motivated me to keep going. I will continue for the next 60 days to be in pain sweating like rain, so that I can be in the best shape of my life. Having a great foundation is the key to success for anything you want to accomplish.
I will continue to update you on the progress of my Insanity workouts, with hope that it motivates you to either try out Insanity or just flat out get to the gym.
Cheers,
E. Lynn Martin

© 2011 E. Lynn Martin


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

E. Lynn Martin
This is just a random blog I wanted to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This corresponds to me as stamina, but one which you build up with work and not the one which you're by nature capable of showing. I was not an athletic type throughout my childhood, but I always had determination and I did things with passion when I wanted to do them. I think the core in that sense requires that determination as much as work to cement it. It is like faith. Everything has a point where it breaks, but if you are really strong you can keep that faith and install it in any project you dedicate yourself to carry out. Then you can remain faithful for a life long.

I guess in my case the constantly changing thoughts have almost always stopped me from taking a project as far as it goes. Maybe I was not apt by nature in certain aspects to be fit completely for the challenge. We all have problems no matter how far we excell in one aspect or another. And trying to work them out is the first thing to do, always. Time is then the best place to let things drift. And unless you want to add the charm of a pirate to your looks, those weaknesses will always stay there like rotten teeth disturbing the feeling of completeness, and causing you to become both physically and psychologically unhappy.

I'm not sure quite if I understood you and made the best of your point, but your article, as you can see, inspired me in a certain personal way.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011
Tags: Beachbody, Insanity, Circuit-Training, Plyometric Cardio, Cardio, Workout

Author

E. Lynn Martin
E. Lynn Martin

About
I am from another world, wanting to embark on the world of writing. more..

Writing