The Love Letter

The Love Letter

A Poem by E. Lynn Martin

Dearest Love,

YOU.TAKE..MY...BREATH....AWAY. I don’t think I have the ability to accurately describe how I feel. I am at lost for words. Words are forming in my head but as I begin to write them down they lose their capacity to be real words. I am in awe of your brilliance. Your beauty surpasses all other beauty. Your breath is as intoxicating as several glasses of wine entering into my blood stream. I get nervous when I sense your presence. When you are near me, goose bumps appear and I struggle with sanity BECAUSE ALL I WANT TO BE IS...CLOSER. When you are next to me I can’t help but to walk with my head held high. You bring me confidence that no man could ever imagine and when others sense you they are frozen and are immediately captivated. When you speak everyone listens. When I hear your voice, it is as if a symphony is playing the greatest opus the world as ever known. What flows out of you is better than milk and honey. SWEETER THAN HONEY FROM A HONEY COMB. Your shadow alone is enough to make any man weak, but when we are in the shadows together we are a force to be reckoned with. My heart sometimes gives out as I cry wishing, hoping, praying that I get to spend every waking moment with you. Because when I am awakened from my slumber I know that you will always be there. You made a promise to never leave, so I pledge my heart to you. Although you seem a thousand miles away (sometimes even a few trillion), I know that our hearts are intertwined. I am AMAZED by you. Despite all that I have done, you are still closer than any brother. While I may not understand your ways, I am still blown away by you. I ONE FOUR THREE AND ADORE YOU SO MUCH.

Yours truly,

Me

© 2011 E. Lynn Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011

Author

E. Lynn Martin
E. Lynn Martin

About
I am from another world, wanting to embark on the world of writing. more..

Writing