I wanted to write

I wanted to write

A Story by Ellaiza
"

A girl wanted to write about herself who used to be cheerful. But she met a guy who turned her laughs into cries. So she is now writing about her present self.

"

I wanted to write about a girl with big brown eyes, curious about what the world can offer to her. I wanted to describe her smile as sweet as the lovers in each others' arms. I wanted to describe her laugh as cheerful as a first grade student on her sixth birthday party. I wanted to describe her hand to be as soft as the cotton she uses in removing her lipstick.


But she met you. And I had to write about you. About how you walk in the middle of the hallway with your hands swinging right beside you and your jacket hanging on your shoulder. I had to write about how you will give her flowers every single day to remind her how precious she is to you. I had to write about how your words are as sweet as the candy you gave her on the first day she laid her eyes on yours. That day, you whispered to hear ears if she could spare a little time to talk to you. I had to write about that day you promised she's the only girl you'd ever put so much effort into.


But I also had to write about how those red roses turned into little white lies. How your hands no longer touch her the way they used to. How your words turned bitter and your gazes turned cold. How you told her she is no longer precious and no longer beautiful.


Now I am writing about her.


There is a girl with pretty brown eyes but they're surrounded with red like the red of the lipstick stain on your collar the day she found out you're cheating on her. Her hair no longer got those waves that follow her head, she cut it out like how you suddenly decided to cut her out of your life. Those soft hands that used to touch you with love turned into rough hands that will slap you with hatred. Her sweet smile turned into sadness and her laughs turned into cries.


Can you see what you did to her? You destroyed her. You turned her world upside down. And now where are you? There you are regretting your mistakes. Regretting that you let that girl with that glow on her face, go. You regret that you turned her into what she is now. You. Regret. Losing. Her.

© 2016 Ellaiza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LM
I loved this!!!! It actually tugged at my heart. I can feel the happiness, joy, sadness, and pain ingrained in every word written. I found it so appealing and so easy to relate to. It's amazing how such a simple short story can give you such a vivid perspective. And your style was very unique. Keep writing! I'll be looking forward to more!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 3, 2016
Tags: Heartbreak, Lies, Prose

Author

Ellaiza
Ellaiza

Makati, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Six Months Six Months

A Story by Ellaiza