A beauty too fair

A beauty too fair

A Story by unspokenguilt
"

There once was a girl, with an exceptionally rare beauty. You see she was too pretty for her own good. Her name was Whisper Faye.

"

 

 
 
 
There once was a girl, with an exceptionally rare beauty.
You see she was too pretty for her own good.
 
Her name was Whisper Faye.
 
 
On the day of Whisper’s birth the doctor doing the operation fell in love with her on site, she was a prize. She was a beautiful little thing with black hair, blue eyes and a completion so fair.
 
Dr. Meltinton knew the consequences of what he was doing but in his mind she was a child to be shared. However, after his little attempts to take her had failed and it was known what he was trying to do, they took his license away. After that he couldn’t take it, the poor man left to the loony bin screaming of a beauty too fair.
 
When news got around everyone wanted to glimpse upon the child that could possibly drive a fellow mad.
 
Whisper a simple infant had a hold on any guy that passed her by and as she got older it only got worse. As her hair grew long and curled, her lips turned a ruby red, her blue eyes seemed to sparkle and her smile was that of an angel.
 
Whisper’s mother Catalina Faye loved her child and when she saw that her child’s beauty was a burden she did what any other mom would do, she protected her child, and hid her away. 
 
So Whisper became simply what her name implied…she became a whisper, a myth.
 
•••
 
Oh, how whisper loved to stare out her window. She was peeping out the curtains when her sister caught her.
 
“Whisper, you know mother wouldn’t approve.” Hope sighed and walked over to shut the blinds.
 
“That’s right, what were those rules again… no friends, no sun, and no fun.”
 
Hope laughed. “It’s only for-”
 
“…My safety.” she chimed in, a disappointed look on her face and then added, “Oh Hope, how was it at school?”
 
They did this often, and it was Whisper’s favorite part of the day. Hope would talk for hours doing her best to make her stories glamorous, the truth was Hope was being home schooled in another room. Ever since Whisper had become a teen, it was one of her mother’s precautions. Hope didn’t mind so much, she loved her sister.
 
Hope told her sister of a boy named Terry, but Terry was no glamour. He was the boy whom Hope had been talking to before, when she had a social life.
 
Terry was described as this funny, smart, cute boy with short black hair, brown eyes; and slim built figure.
 
 
•••
 
Terry was a wild one, but he felt he could change for Hope, if that was what she wanted. He had hoped to ask Hope to the dance but she had left before he got the chance.
 
Terry was sitting with his friend Isaac, when he felt a hand brush against his back.
 
“Hey Terry what’s up?” taking his cue Isaac made way.
 
It was Karen, the girl everyone knew but ignored, the girl who had been following Terry around ever since the fifth grade. Terry didn’t feel the same way, but he tried to amuse her.
 
“Not much Karen, just thinking.” He said lying back on the grass.
 
She sat down beside Terry then adjusted herself a little, “about what?” she said pushing her tattered short blonde hair behind her ear and leaning in close.
 
“Umm…Hope Faye-”
 
Karen pushed his words away, “so about the dance…”
 
“Karen…did you hear me?” Terry stared at her confused. Her eyes darted somewhere else. He lifted his hand and touched her cheek.
 
Karen frowned and her cheeks turned red, “she’s gone, Terry.”
 
Terry’s friend Isaac was back at his side, “you know what I heard about the Faye’s?”, he said throwing back his long, sandy colored hair with a whip of his head.
 
“I don’t care for the town’s silly rumors.” Terry stood up. “Hope told me herself, she doesn’t have a sister!”
 
“So you heard them too, then?” Isaac said scratching his head, “you know it would explain a lot.”
 
“She wouldn’t lie to me” Terry walked away.
 
“She could have, she’s capable of doing so just as much as the next person!” Karen added and stopped Terry in his tracks.
 
“Think about it, she had to go away to take care of her sick sister, who happens to be so hideous, she can’t leave the house.” Isaac grinned.
 
“You two seem pleased with yourself…in playing with my emotions.” Terry walked on. Karen stepped in front of him.
 
“Well let’s find out, clear our conscience and yours.”
 
She wouldn’t…
•••
 
Whisper was in her room painting when she heard a noise outside her window. A smile crept across her face, he’s come…
 
She slid away from her easel and ran to the window, with a quick glance at the door then back again she pushed aside the curtains, the blinds, and opened the window.
 
“Hemi…come in would you!”
           
            The bird hopped in and perched on the seal. Whisper closed the window and replaced the curtains.
 
“You’re just in time…would you be my subject?” The proud bird lifted its chest.
 
Whisper erased and redrew a few times. Finally finished with the pre-drawing she sat back and reviewed it.
 
Hope came into the room to see Whisper gazing at a piece of paper her fingertips brushing against an image. “Not a very good subject…huh?” she said looking at the paper at Whisper’s feet. “Did you forget he’s alive…he’s going to move.”
 
Whisper looked up. “No, he’s just so beautiful.”
 
Hope walked over and took a look, like you… “Oh…I thought you set him free a long time ago?”
 
“Hemi is just visiting.” Whisper smiled and glance at the bird.
 
“Hope…I never see you painting anything anymore, would you paint something for me?”
 
Hope was drawn back by the observation. “Of course I will, what do you want?”
 
Whisper went to the window and released hemi, “…me.”
 
•••
 
Terry couldn’t believe they had talked him into doing this, but still he slid the mask over. He was face to face with the Faye’s grand house, Isaac and Karen by his side, obviously psyched.
 
The house had an ominous feeling to it. No one had ever been inside…and there wasn’t a person in town that wasn’t curious. They approached with caution, but if Isaac’s rumors were correct, there would be no servants or laborers to deal with. 
 
“Here we go”, was all that Terry could say. He hoped Hope wouldn’t find out of this little betrayal, but in the back of his mind he wanted to see her.
 
When they entered the house it seemed that they’d roam for days, the house was a maze of confusion and it had him thinking there was a reason behind that.
 
 
“Whoa, nice place…it kind of makes u not wanna touch anything!” Isaac said swaying back and fourth.
 
“Knowing u, that wouldn’t happen even on your best day…anything you can put your hands on right?” Karen whispered with a grin.
 
            Isaac frowned then almost giggled, “I stay away from you don’t I.”
 
Karen just sighed, “Ouch my ego…you win this round.”
 
“…and I like it that way.” He retorted.
 
“Will u guys quit fooling around and help me look…it was your idea” Terry frowned turning yet another corner.
 
The house was splendid yet confusing; the architecture was like a heavenly decorated fun house.
 
As Terry walked though the house he couldn’t help but get lost in thought…could the little things that she did tell him be a lie...did she like him back?... because he hadn’t been sure if his constant bugging her had worked.
 
•••
 
Hope stared at her unfinished drawing and sighed…even in her sleep Whisper was quite a sight, but Hope had never been jealous of her sister, more than anything she felt sorry for her.
 
Hope dropped her pencil and walked over to where Whisper was lying she pulled the blanket over her head, “sleep with the normies”…to say angels would be overrated.
 
Hope grabbed her pajamas and left the room.
 
•••
 
“Shh!”, there was a noise…a door closing and another one opening. Terry peeked around the corner to see Hope heading into the bathroom and he watched, dazed. He was about to follow her when Karen pulled at his shirt.
 
“That would be stupid, considering what you look like.” She had a pained look on her face.
 
            It would be…he noticed. When they heard the turn of the knob they rushed into the room just opposite of it.
 
            In the room, they waited till they heard her walk down the hall. Relived, they turned around. The room was hers apparently.
 
It looked pretty normal, like any other girls would. There was a computer and a desk; a bookshelf filled with books, a few pictures on the wall, an antique dresser with your regular every day products, some paintings, an easel, and…two beds?  Someone was laying in one of them.
 
           
Too shocked to move, they all stood there motionless, and when it moved it sent them staggering back.
 
 
“Um… go take a peek, t-t-Terry.” Isaac said pointing in the direction, as if without it no one’s brain could concept the simple request.
 
Karen nudged Terry forward, “You wanted to prove us wrong.” The two of them stood behind Terry.
 
“Oh god, if this thing is some sort of hideous monster…please let it take him first!” Isaac halfheartedly joked lifting the mood a little.
 
            Terry stepped up to the bed with its deep red sheets; now or never…he grabbed the sheets and pulled them back. There before them laid a girl. All they could do was stare, and they did not dare move.
 
“No!!” Hope ran passed them and protectively threw her arms around her sister, “you stay away from her!” she spat out.
 
Terry reached out to touch her, unconsciously. Hope, thinking he was heading for her sister pushed at him violently, sending his mask flying.
 
When Terry’s head flipped back from the impact, Hope was confused. She stood, stunned.
 
“You…you…” she stammered angrily.
 
YOU.” He replied, “You lied to me.”
 
Hope was speechless.
 
 Whisper’s eyes fluttered open. Everyone grew silent. Whisper sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. When she saw the others a wicked grin slid on her face.
 
 “You must be Terry?” she was sure of it.
 
Terry was taken back, “how’d you know” he said giving his full attention, no longer upset.
 
Isaac stepped forward boldly, kneeled by the bed and took Whisper’s hand. “I would be honored if you would go out of me” he smiled.
 
Whisper was a little surprised, yet flattered. “Where would you take me?” she mused.
 
Hope rushed over and snatched her sister’s hand out of Isaacs.
 
 “Just what do you think you’re doing with my sister?” she asked
 
So it’s true. Terry turned and left.
 
Hope longed to follow him. “I can explain” she said walking after him, but Karen stopped her.
 
“Real sorry about this, we’ll leave and I’ll take that with Me.” she said referring to Isaac who was beginning to “Don Juan” the poor girl. “Isaac dear, let’s go”
 
Isaac kissed Whisper’s hand. “Goodbye, my captive beauty…don’t worry I won’t give up on us” he winked, and then as he got up to leave, he stopped by the easel noticing the drawing of Whisper. “Perfect!” he said placing it under his arm and leaving.
 
•••
Hope looked to Whisper; her cheeks were red, after all it was her first interaction with a teenage boy. She was twirling her hair in her hand, “He was nice!”
 
Hope frowned and left after Terry.
 
She hurried through the hall and out the door. “TERRY!”
 
Terry stopped, turned around then kept walking. Hope ran after him, her bare feet hitting the pavement. When she caught up to him she grabbed his shoulder, “Terry, Please...”
 
“No. I don’t have anything else to say to you!” he said not bothering to glance in her direction.
 
Hope sighed; “Do you like her?” her voice was breaking.
 
Terry froze. “I don’t believe I have to explain myself to you, but Karen’s just a friend.” He said over his shoulder.
 
“You know very well who I mean…and it isn’t Karen.”
 
Terry turned and grasped Hope’s shoulders, “I have only ever loved you and you lied to me, for whatever reason you thought you couldn’t trust me and no love could ever be based on that!”
 
Tears welled from Hope’s eyes “but I…I understand!” she said and ran back towards her house crying.
 
Terry turned around to see Karen with an equally disappointed face, but she wouldn’t cry in front of him. She made a vowel long ago she wouldn’t let anyone see her cry. She just sauntered off with her head held high.
 
Terry hated himself. He looked at Isaac for some comfort, but Isaac looked down to his feet, “This one’s all you Terry…what does your heart say?”
 
“It says I’ve got a lot to think about.”
 
•••
 

© 2008 unspokenguilt


Author's Note

unspokenguilt
still writing this

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on October 19, 2008

Author

unspokenguilt
unspokenguilt

TX



About
to be continued... more..

Writing