A Familiar Thing

A Familiar Thing

A Story by unspokenguilt
"

a thought process

"

 

Annie laid in bed staring at the ceiling, her hair sprawled against the pillow.
 
Everyone else in the house was asleep, but she wasn’t tired. She often felt unsatisfied and she hated herself for it. She had her family, her friends, and she had her stories, but still she wanted more.
 
She always followed the rules that were laid down, never really taking a risk. She only ever rebelled with her mouth saying one thing, but then doing another and giving in. she felt her life was plain, boring and unlived. She wanted to be unpredictable for once, just like the guy she yearned for.
 
She wasn’t a very out spoken person but around him she felt she needed to be. He was so confident, but mysterious. It was dangerous she didn’t know whether to believe everything that came out of his mouth, but she wanted to.
 
 She pictured him and sighed. He wasn’t hers to be picturing he never was but she couldn’t help it, even now when it seemed to be the most useless of all, because she didn’t even think she’d ever see him again.
 
She turned in bed and got out. She decided she’d do something different and run, run from what she couldn’t have. A part of her didn’t want to imagine anymore, she wanted something to be real. So she slipped on some pants, grabbed her shoes and pulled her hair back.
 
            Outside the night was cool and the trees swayed then stilled in anticipation. Annie carefully closed the door, so not to wake her parents, and walked down the neatly lit path down her yard and through the front gate, hoping the dogs wouldn’t bark and give her away. She strolled down the street with no direction what so ever.
 
 

© 2009 unspokenguilt


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on August 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2009

Author

unspokenguilt
unspokenguilt

TX



About
to be continued... more..

Writing