Curious Beginnings

Curious Beginnings

A Story by unspokenguilt
"

a theft of love

"

 

She shut the doors and turned the key locking in tightly everything she neglected. Her mind was elsewhere and before she knew it, it was time to go. She sighed. Turning to leave she bumped into a man, “we’re closed.” She’d be late if she took in one more customer and she couldn’t afford to be late again. Walk she told her feet, pushing past the man.
 
He grabbed her arm and pulled her back, “open the doors!”
 
“I can’t do that.” She said pushing past him once more.
 
He jumped in front of her grabbed her arm and put a knife to her gut, “Open the doors, please.” He smirked, “I don’t want to hurt you.”
 
“Then don’t” she said shrugging him off and continuing towards the exit of the apartment complex.
 
Confused and a bit irritated he followed her. “Okay, so you’re new to this…I tell you how it goes.”
 
“So long as you can walk as you talk.” She said hurrying up her pace.
 
“This is a mugging-”
 
“Is that what this is, I thought you were offering me a date”
 
“No need for the sarcasm, not that you aren’t attractive and all…where are we going?”
 
“I’ve got to get to school, and you’re slowing me down.”
 
“Well, I’m not done explaining.” he said stepping in front of her and grabbing hold of each of her arms. “So this is what happens you either give me the keys, or I hurt you and take them.”
 
She was quiet for a while, which made him think he’d win but then she shrugged, “stab me then”
 
“I…I uh don’t want to.” He mumbled.
 
“Well, since neither one of us is going to do the things you stated…you might as well get out of my way.”
 
Defeated, he took a side step. “Thank you.” she whispered.
 
Minutes later a car pulled up beside her, and it was him.
 
“Want a ride?” he laughed.
 
She tried to hide a smile, “I suppose.”  She said walking towards it, “Nice car!”
 

He through his head back and sighed, “Thanks, it’s not mine.”

© 2009 unspokenguilt


Author's Note

unspokenguilt
just somthing that popped in my head and i decided to write it down, My sister likes it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Funny as hell. Interesting on many levels, the most interesting characters I've seen in a long time.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2009
Last Updated on March 24, 2009

Author

unspokenguilt
unspokenguilt

TX



About
to be continued... more..

Writing