Street of broken dreams

Street of broken dreams

A Chapter by Emi

Prologue

It was so quiet right now but her thoughts were roaming restlessly inside her head. She was trying to tame them and calm down herself but she couldn’t stop thinking. How did it happen that the loneliest place in the world became her home? The thought was blazing through her mind again and again. She was standing there nervously and just thinking about the thousand dreams that are being broken every single day. They are just being abounded in the past and thrown away in the dust of time as some fading thought in someone’s mind. All of them are being stuck in here. Like Mr. Rupert said, every single shadow was a broken peace of somebody’s soul. Some of them brighter and others very dark but all of them have been left behind for one reason or another.

She could hear them slowly sliding behind the corner. They were waiting in anticipation. She could even smell their cold fresh sadness, but she was already used to that smell. She took a deep breath tasted the bitterness in the air and swallowed it. The feeling seeped through her body and she felt the pain trying to obscure her mind. This time she was stronger, strong enough to fight it.

She could feel her dream standing right behind her. The shadow was flickering softly and calmly.

‘’Stay there. I think it’s time.’’ She whispered, as though she was talking to herself but the shadow behind started flickering faster in response. She felt chilly shivers on her back but tried to ignore them and focus. In this moment, the dark shadows started creeping out of every corner and every cranny… 



© 2013 Emi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
@
This is a great start. Can't wait to read more ..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013


Author

Emi
Emi

Bulgaria



About
Well, I love singing, writing songs, writing poetry, writing stories... just writing anything. Also, I'm the biggest cat lover or actually the biggest animal lover. I love going out and just taking .. more..

Writing
Giving you up Giving you up

A Poem by Emi


What about that? What about that?

A Poem by Emi


The sweet side The sweet side

A Poem by Emi