Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ember
"

First chapter to start small, let me know your opinions so far.

"

**If you have time check out my website, please do <a href=" here. </a>


The very first thing I remember was looking up at a white, tiled ceiling, one of them slightly askew. To the left, a window with a few beams of light crept through a gnarled oak, its branches tapping at the window. The cold, hard metal I was lying on was particularly uncomfortable; my back felt bruised as though I had been lay in that same position for a long time. To my right, across the room, a thick looking metal door with a heavy handle blocked any access from myself and the outside world.

It was that door, that when the handle was twisted upwards revealed a strange figure.


He wasn’t particularly tall or particularly short, just somewhere in the middle. Neither was he young or old, just middle-aged. His hair was almost grey, with just a few brown hairs remaining and starting to bald. It was his facial features that were unnerving, the skin on it looked stretched, pulling his face into an unnaturally tight, smooth hold with not a single wrinkle or crease. Hi eyes weren’t quite orange but more faded, like the dying orange leaves fallen from a tree in the Autumn. But it was these eyes that startled the most, they were cold and showed little emotion, almost like deep pits. It’s said that the eyes are the window to the soul, if this were true, it was clear this man had none.


As the man closed the door, twisting the handle up firmly, I felt a growing panic within me that I didn’t understand. All I could do was watch, I was unable to move or even speak. A thick fog kept washing over me like a blanket, dulling my senses. He moved closer with a smirk on his lips.


“You are awake,” he spoke softly and matter-of-factly in a monotone that made it hard to determine if he was happy about the fact.


He broke my gaze as he turned his attention to a small table that I hadn’t previously noticed. Placed on top was an array of different devices that I didn’t know the name of. He picked one up, it was quite small but with a sharp needle-like end. There was a thicker part of the instrument, with some translucent, white liquid contained within it.


The man turned back to facing me, the strange object grasped in his hand, I could only watch helplessly as he pierced my neck with the thin spike and feel the cold liquid empty into my blood.


That was my first memory, but by no means the worst...



© 2018 Ember


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 9, 2018


Author

Ember
Ember

United Kingdom



About
Check out the website for my RPG - https://katariarpg.com/ more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ember


Kataria Kataria

A Book by Ember