Dreams Really Do Come True

Dreams Really Do Come True

A Chapter by Emily Hocker

As a young child, everything amazed dear Jane. Everywhere she looked and everything she touched tickled her brain in amazement. Not understanding the world created a fantasy for her, just like all children. But her fantasy, was different. She understood the world, a little, too well. She learned from a young age that she had a power unlike any superhero and that she couldn't tell anyone. Her dreams came true. Whenever Jane went to bed, her dreams awakened. Her dreams truly came true, for some nights, there would be a unicorn prancing through the halls of her cozy house. And other nights, well, they were a different story. Nightmares were traumatizing to witness. These were memories that she would never want to remember. Lucklily, no one ever saw these dreams come to life withen her home. Jane's parents slept on the opposite side of the house and weren't up late at night. For many years they never caught the magic happening. Until one night.
Jane was 12 at the time. She was on her way to school when she saw her best friend.
"Jane!", called out a fancy looking girl with brown jumping curls and a cute pink backpack.
"Lina!", called Jane. Yes, this is Lina. She is a celebrity, so she thinks. Lina and Jane have been best friends since they met in kindergarten. They met when Lina accidentally spilled her chocolate milk over Jane. That day, Jane said to Lina that she loved chocolate milk and she can spill it on her whenever. Ever since then, they walk to school every day.
"Ready for school?" asked Lina.
"Sure am!", Jane answered. These two were very different from eachother. But what can I say, opposites attract.
As they approached the school Jane saw her bully, Jenny. Jenny was a long story. Ever since first grade they hated eachother. It was January 9th, the day of their winter musical when Jenny pushed Jane off the stage infront of everyone. It was an accident, but Jane got really upset and punched her the next day at school. Now all they do is complain about eachother. 
Jane and Lina ignoringly walked past Jenny and went to their lockers which were right nect to each other. Lina's locker had a purple rug, a chandelier, and many colorful magnets holding memoric photos, including some with Jane. Jane's locker had her missing math book that she forgot and one picture of Lina and her. See, very different. 
"So Jane, did you do your homework for math?"
"OMG! No my math book was in my locker!" Just then, the bell rang.
"Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. I have to get to English. Bye Jane!", Lina exclaimed while walking away.
Jane slowly walked to her math class which she forgot to do her homework in. She turned the corner to the almost filled classroom and took her seat. She sat in the back, away from everyone. She was very upset with herself for forgetting. The bell rang again.
"Alright class, I am coming around to collect your homework.", announced Mrs. Bark. She wasn't a very nice teacher, or a good one. Mrs. Bark made her way around the classroom as she approached the last desk, Jane's desk. 
"Where is your homework, Jane?", she asked rudily.
"I forgot my book and couldn't-
"Stop right there! You forgot my homework, again? This is the third time! You are staying after school in here! Got it?", she "barked."
"Got it.", Jane said with a frown.
The rest of the day went fast. Science and History are a blast for Jane. So is lunch becuase Jane loves to eat! Plus it is with Lina! Finally the last bell rang and it was time for Jane to return to Mrs. Bark. She walked down the now empty halls to the room. She walked into the room and saw three other kids. Two of which she didn't know. But the other one was, of course, Jenny. Jane tried not to look at her as she took a seat across the room from her. 
"I must go grab papers from the office. No one move.", Mrs. Bark told the class of four kids.
Jane knew the office was across the school so she decided to put her head down. I mean, she had a very busy day and needed some rest. Well, she ended up falling asleep. You know what that means. She was dreaming of a haunted mansion filled with ghosts. These ghosts could make people disappear. Which is exactly what Jane noticed when she awoke from the scary dream. Jenny was gone. Jane knew what happened. She couldn't bear thinking about it though. Just then Jane felt eyes on her.


© 2018 Emily Hocker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 5, 2018