The best thing in life is...

The best thing in life is...

A Story by Emma Rose
"

This prompt was given in English class. Freedom can be whatever you want it to be so its kind of universal.

"

The best thing in life is freedom. Everything at your fingertips. Choice. Letting your desire dominate your conscience. It may be dangerous, but you can take the blame. Twisted, but you can prove you’re quite sane. You’re not conceived to please. What are you, but a decaying organism, enslaved by the puppeteers of society? Freedom can cut the strings. Destroy the leaders. Take your perishing shell and breathe some life into its crippled heart. Nobody can tell you otherwise, and if they do, just observe their eyes brimming with fear of the unknown which cannot be found in yours. Act without focusing on the consequence of judgement. Of punishment. Life is what you make it, so make it free.

© 2013 Emma Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good! I really loved this and could not stop reading it... I think the way you interpret freedom in this is very accurate, and easy to relate to all walks of life... Your last line, especially, is so strong, it ties the piece up nicely. I love the simple style combined with the complex subject matter, I think that made your point even stronger and gave it the flow it needed... Well done, you did a great job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Emma Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Yes, I was trying to go for a universal theme, because i.. read more
Great lesson on freedom.
I love to live free.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful thoughts.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Emma Rose

10 Years Ago

thankyou for your review :)
zainul

10 Years Ago

You are always welcome,dear friend :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 3, 2013
Last Updated on November 3, 2013
Tags: freedom, life, choice, society

Author

Emma Rose
Emma Rose

Staffordshire, Stafford, United Kingdom



About
Hey there, I'm Emma and I'm a 16-year-old college student from England. Over the last few years, I've been indecisive about what I want to do in the future, but writing and reading have bee a lifelong.. more..

Writing
Release Release

A Poem by Emma Rose


Rebuilt Rebuilt

A Story by Emma Rose