Rebuilt

Rebuilt

A Story by Emma Rose
"

A short piece about a friend of mine that I lost emotionally because of her new long-distance relationship.

"
She screwed up her walls and let him in. After all I had told her, of his character, his behaviour, his cruel and mocking nature, she had welcomed him in to her boundless heart. And for what? So she could be tormented with two hour journeys to see him whenever she needed attention? Apparently so, according to the numerous times she responded to my offers with ‘Sorry, I’m going to see him.’
     After almost 10 years of unadulterated friendship, he was added to the mixture and it began to boil over. Their relationship hidden behind the shadows of diffidence and unknown intimacy. She felt wanted now. Significant. Here before her was a reason for living. Her vulnerability, emphasized by their age difference, constricted my breaths and dominated my thoughts. I was reduced to a panicking wreck, as though she was mine. She was though, wasn't she? The virginal child with whom I had whiled away many summers had adopted a new character. One I was unfamiliar with. Sleazy and obnoxious.  
     Tensions built and tempers flared, and two souls were divided once more. Crawling back in desperation, I found her knocking on my heart’s door. Forgiveness? While difficult, it was inevitable. No matter the circumstance, nobody denies family, for that is what she had become. She took shelter beneath my sororal wing and consumed herself with the necessity of friendship. Nostalgic. Proverbial. Two children, unaccompanied, lazing in the welcoming arms of the summer sun once more.

© 2013 Emma Rose


Author's Note

Emma Rose
Any reviews appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on November 6, 2013
Tags: love, friendship, relationship, sister, friend, heart

Author

Emma Rose
Emma Rose

Staffordshire, Stafford, United Kingdom



About
Hey there, I'm Emma and I'm a 16-year-old college student from England. Over the last few years, I've been indecisive about what I want to do in the future, but writing and reading have bee a lifelong.. more..

Writing
Release Release

A Poem by Emma Rose