Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Emman Baldonado

"Jaye! It's time to wake up! It's already 12 PM!" his mother's loud voice sounded across the room.

Jaye yawned as he shifted his position, face facing the ceiling, while still lying down. He had no intention to get up already, and although his captivating green eyes were opened, his body was still anchored to the smooth, soft, sleep-inducing sheets of his bed. Well, laziness at its finest.

"Jaye, wake up! You'll be late for the admission!"

Another resounding alarm from his mother. One more call went unresponded and it would be the whining, spanking, and the hour-long sermon already.

Jaye got up, his wavy blue hair still in tangles, his green eyes glinting under the subtle rays of the sun coming from a window. 'Am I ready for this night?', he pondered as he stared blankly at the green wall in front of his bed designed with tangles of vines. He could feel it. The excitement. The fear. The curiosity. The nervousness. Everything about the first day of school in high school. Of course, it was mainly anxiety that Jaye felt. Who mediocre, ordinary, 13-year old fairy boy wouldn't be anxious to enter the most prestigious school in the history of supernaturalness by only through an automatic enrolment and scholarship letter, the letter that only the extremely elite and first-class Arcane can receive?

'"Jaye!" his mother called loudly.

"What's it, Mom?" Jaye replied from his room loudly.

"You have a letter!" she cried ecstatically.

"What letter?"

"Just come down and look at it! I'd bet you'd be so happy when you see this," his mother shouted with glee.

"Ugh, fine," Jaye whined as he went down from his room to the hearty living room where he saw his mother seated and staring happily at him while holding a torn green envelope with an exposed folded green piece of paper within it. The pieces of the torn envelope were all scattered around the floor, which made it look like a starving animal ripped off the envelope in a desperate attempt to search for food.

"Wow, Mom. You opened a letter for me without my permission and even ripped the envelope apart. There's a reason why they put an opening for the envelope, Mom, and it's not for you to hungrily tear the envelope," Jaye teased with a joyful smirk.

"Shut up, Jaye!" Myriane chided. " Well, what could I do? I'm just very excited about this news for you. "

"News? For me? What is it?" Jaye asked, befuddled.

"Just read this," Myriane said, cheerfully handing the ripped envelope to Jaye. He reached it, slid the green letter out of the remaining part of the torn envelope, and then carefully opened and read it.


ARCANE ACADEMY
THE SCHOOL OF FAIRIES

This letter certifies that Jaye Sephyx Galeston, 13 years old, a citizen of the Supernature of the Fairies, is automatically and legally enrolled in Arcane Academy as a first year student and is registered in The School Of Fairies. This letter also certifies that Jaye Sephyx Galeston has been granted a five-year full scholarship by the Board of Deans and the School Headmaster. This scholarship will cover his whole tenure as a student in Arcane Academy. This letter has been approved and ratified by the Dean of Fairies, the Board of Deans, the Faculty Guild, and the School Headmaster while reserving all the rights and authority of the Academy.

Certified and ratified by:
DR. FLORUS MORNINGFIELD
President, Arcane Academy Board of Deans/ Dean of Fairies/ Professor of Ability Training/ Doctor of Phytokinesis

PROF. GRYSELDA MOONLOCK
President, Arcane Academy Faculty Guild/ Head Professor of Spellcasting/ Secretary to Dean Selene Celton

ARKAEUS ENIGMATA
School Headmaster'


Jaye was still staring blankly at the wall, pondering if all of those scenes that flashed again for the hundredth time in his mind were true.

Would he really study in Arcane Academy, the most prestigious school in the history of supernaturalness?


© 2017 Emman Baldonado


Author's Note

Emman Baldonado
Hi to those who have read the Prologue and Chapter 1! So, here's the next chapter of my book. Should I upload Chapter 3? Just let me know what you think. 😃

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on April 7, 2017
Last Updated on April 7, 2017


Author

Emman Baldonado
Emman Baldonado

Binmaley, Ilocos Region, Philippines



About
There's a story inside me I want to tell. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emman Baldonado


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Emman Baldonado