Protectors Chapter 5

Protectors Chapter 5

A Chapter by Emily

 Chapter 5

    I've watched her ever since conception but only tonight is when I truly saw her, her eyes, how they sparkled and shined, her face so delicate and beautiful, and her voice, so angelic and smooth. I never once realized how perfect she really was until I saw everything up close and personal and if I had to risk my life to see her that way again, I will do so. Her friends were spending the night to watch her closely so I left, since we don't sleep, I went back to the pit, pretending nothing happened, keeping everything even my confused feelings hidden from everyone, even my good pal Isaiah.
Come on Tris, bring it on.” I turned back to see Isaiah standing on a floor mat, hands clenched in fists, ready to go, I couldn't help but smirk. He's tried every time to beat me in hand to hand combat but never wins, although the good thing about him is he never gives up. It wasn't that he wasn't good but I've been training longer and harder and I know more but one day, one day he'll beat me.
Do you want me to hurt you?” As soon as the words left my mouth, he was off, running straight for me, I just shook my head and took off toward him. We met somewhere in the middle, my one arm locked under his armpit, my other reaching between his legs, lifting him up and slamming him to the mat. With a quick kick to my legs, I was down on my back, I was able to glance at the smirk before I flipped and pinned him to the mat.
    I'd consider Isaiah my brother, since my whole family has died many years ago, he's all I got. I was born in the 1860's, my father managed to get a banker job, my mother was a stay at home mom, my older brother gave his service to the military and died in battle, my older sister ran away from home with a boy she met down the street, and my little twin brother and sister were just that, little. I think about them from time to time, not much though, it's not worth thinking about if it'll only bring back hazy memories that ask questions and cause pain. I only remember little, I remember my fathers name, William, my mothers name, Barb, but not my brothers and sisters. I remember that our house was rather small, two bedrooms, one bathroom, a small kitchen in which my mother cooked every meal for us, most our fruit and vegetables were from our garden in our small backyard. I don’t remember much but I do remember one thing, the cold. The long nights wrapped in old blankets made by someone in my family, the sweet smell of hot tea when we had the delight of having it, and most of all, the fireplace. That night I found myself telling Isaiah everything of what happened, my feelings, everything. He just gave a smile, looked away, and tapped his foot.
What? Isaiah what?”
Nothing.” I knew he was hiding something he always tapped his foot when holding information.
Isaiah come on, tell me?” I found myself begging. He just looked at me, blue eyes, reddish brown hair and then slightly raised his eyebrow. “Isaiah,” I kinda snapped, finding myself impatient.
Fine. Go for it.” I kinda pulled back, not expecting that I glanced away then glared at him.
Excuse me?”
You heard me, go for it.” Before I could say anything, he budged in. “Triston you’re the lucky one here. You have feelings or whatever and you could be happy unlike the rest of us. You like her and you need to stop whining and go for it.”
    I couldn’t get those words out of my head, go for it, I mean three simple words, three simple words that echoed and haunted my mind.


© 2013 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is great! Can I just say, Welcome to Writers Cafe and what an entrance to make :D I started this from chapter one and could not stop reading. I love the concept, and you're really developing the characters and the sense of 'forbidden love' (which is definitely one of my favourites). My only criticism would be to watch your punctuation - you use a lot of unnecessary commas and they kinda cut up the flow of the narration. Otherwise, great job, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

11 Years Ago

Thank you! It means a lot and of course, that's what I thought, I'll work on the punctuation and the.. read more



Reviews

This is great! Can I just say, Welcome to Writers Cafe and what an entrance to make :D I started this from chapter one and could not stop reading. I love the concept, and you're really developing the characters and the sense of 'forbidden love' (which is definitely one of my favourites). My only criticism would be to watch your punctuation - you use a lot of unnecessary commas and they kinda cut up the flow of the narration. Otherwise, great job, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

11 Years Ago

Thank you! It means a lot and of course, that's what I thought, I'll work on the punctuation and the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013


Author

Emily
Emily

PA



About
My name is Emily, I'm 18 and I love to write! I write a lot of short stories but currently working on two novels and would love to get peoples feedback on some of my writings and I would love to help .. more..

Writing