Last Breath

Last Breath

A Chapter by Megan
"

Sophie takes her last breath and follows the shoes to where she belongs--where she is destined to be.

"
I can't look up. I follow the black shoes. The familiar shoes. I see a glimpse of fire. and bare feet. Cries and songs that I had heard the Nightcrawlers sing before, from my window, were blaring from assorted speakers. Had I walked into some spiritual meeting? But I soon learned that this meeting was for me. The music stops. The leader, chief, or ruler presented himself in front of me. 
"Jane..."
Jane. Jane. 
They had the wrong person... the feeling of disapointment seeped into my stomach. Jane... wasn't me. Who was it? Who had they wanted? 
"Look up at me."
I couldn't. I physically couldn't. Black SHoes had cast a spell on me. Magic... was it possible? Then, as I began to answer, I couldn't. The sharp intake of air had been my last. What had I become...?


© 2010 Megan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on June 8, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2010


Author

Megan
Megan

CA



About
Hi. I'm Megan. If you're wondering about my nusername, it's "Katie-Little-Star" in Hungarian, which is my grandfather's native country, my dad's half, and mine a quarter. I come from many different et.. more..

Writing
Bitten Bitten

A Chapter by Megan


Backward Glance Backward Glance

A Chapter by Megan


Breathless Breathless

A Chapter by Megan