AND I DREAM... EVEN WHEN I DONT WANT TO ANYMORE - PART II

AND I DREAM... EVEN WHEN I DONT WANT TO ANYMORE - PART II

A Story by Cassie Fraga
"

Magically unfair...

"

And I wonder? If in the half hour of when this happens…

Did your heart touch on my name?

Did your smile grow with a quick memory?

Did your mind wander for a split second?

 

My alarm clock is set to go off at 8:00a.m. But sometimes between the half hour of 5:45 a.m. and 6:15 a.m. I am whispered out of my sleep into another moment. Transmitted into another place of another hour…



My surroundings are still…

The only sound I hear is my pen tracing my creations in a notebook.

Its dark… but I see myself tracing my creations in this notebook.

My hair is pulled back into a loose bun, I’m dressed in loose white sweatpants and a grey hooded sweatshirt; attire that I’ve always felt most comfortable in. I seem very dedicated to this work area and in what I am doing. My hand doesn’t stop moving, I am totally engulfed into what I am working on. I’m comfortable here, but my body feels tired. I am tired, but my creation seems so alive, so awake.

I’m sitting in a black leather office chair at a Cherry-Wood desk; a computer sits to my right displaying a photo of my whole family as the screen saver. Everyone looks healthy, it seems Zumba has done me well, one of my brothers has let his hair grow out almost as long as mine and I notice two new faces added to the bunch. I wonder if they are my own, but feel as if they are not.

A desk lamp sits in front of me shinning its light with a purpose and a black wooden three shelf tier sits to the upper left corner holding typed up pages to whatever perfectly in its place. Two notebooks rest in front of the tier worn with scribbles and loose papers sticking out of them so unorganized like and a can of Pepsi stands just beyond them. 

I feel my thoughts and confessions of how things happened, when it started, what was done, and how it was left. I hear the moments and the moods of every waiting minute and trace how it was all so mysterious. What I’m writing seems so important for me to get out so the world can take a walk in my story just because it makes a good story.


“Baby… you’re still awake?”

A concerned raspy voice came from beyond the dark room, but I know that voice so I’m not frightened by it, in fact it raises a smile to my face.

I look up as the man behind that voice steps in front of the lamp out of the dark wiping his right eye with his palm due to just waking up. He was limping??

“Yes… I’m still up”

Shaking his head in disapproval he walked around the desk turned my chair slowly in his direction and gripped both of his hands around the arms of it.

“Are you writing about me again?” He asked meeting me face to face with eyes swimming of joyful curiosity.

I smile and playfully cup his face, “maybe.”

“I want to see…”

  “No.” I say in a slight whine

“Oh c’mon… why not?”

Placing a quick kiss to his lips I answer “because, it’s not done yet.”

“So, let me see what you have so far.”

  “No it’ll spoil the fun out of the mystery and…” Before I could finish my sentence or even my thought for that matter his lips came crashing down on mine to hush my defenses.

His lips on my lips, it holds that epic kind of passion, the kind you just can’t say no to.

“So unfair, you know how much I love your lips.” I whispered as he pulled away slowly. He knew exactly what he was doing.

“So I can see it now?”

  “hahaha… thank you for the kiss, but nope, you still can’t see it.”

“No?”

  “Nope”

“No?” He asked again resting his head on my brow and in almost a warning tone.

Looking him dead in the eyes I stood my ground and answered in the same tone. “No”

“Okay…” Then in one motion he grabbed me up out of the chair and threw me over his left shoulder giving my bottom a teasing smack. 

“Babe what are you doing?” I asked between a slight yell and laughter.

  “Are you going to let me see?”

“Babe, your leg… that’s too much weight for your leg… put me down!!”

  “Oh my leg is fine.” He said giving my bottom another teasing smack for reassurance.

“You’re going to drop me… put me down!”

  “Are you going to let me see?”

“If you don’t put me down I’m going to bite you!!”

  “Why would you bite the person who has you over their shoulder? Now that’s a sure way to get dropped.”

“Well at least it would be worth the fall!!”

  “Okay… okay…” Following my instructions he put me down in regards to knowing that I would really bite him if need be. But then he bent me over the desk and roughly nipped at the flesh of my neck, he knew exactly where to dive for me to falter weak.

I laughed at his flirtatious seductions. “You are not going to give up are you?”

“Nope…”


The atmosphere was so unchained, there was completely no commotion running through the air. It was free from resisting. I could act on my impulse and not hear the disturbance of confusion. I could kiss him the way I wanted to kiss him without it coming off as an odd moment due to second guessing. I could feel him the way I wanted to feel him without the shame nipping at my head. It was all there, and it was all mine.

We collided in a lip and tongue war of who had more desire for who, I could feel myself loosing myself drowning inside his offers and suffocating inside his passion. “So unfair”

“So I take it now you won’t mind if I look?” He asked giving me a gloating smirk of victory.

  “Well when you kiss me like that…”

“Aaawww…. That’s my girl.” He then softly lifted and anchored me back into the chair and grabbed the creation of our story. “I’m going to get something to drink while I catch up on some reading, would you like anything from the kitchen baby?” His eyes were full of teasing triumph and his voice was playfully cutting with pride.

“No, I’m fine…” I said with a sneer of poor sport attitude.

  “Are you sure?”

“Yes”

  “Are you coming to bed soon?”

“Yes, I’ll be up there in a few minutes.”

He then gave me a soft sealing kiss calming every nerve in my body. “Okay well I’ll be up… because you know; I’ve got some reading to do…”

“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes and shook my head to the sting of defeat. “Rub it in baby”

I could hear him laughing as he walked back into the shadows beyond the room. He was limping???

((2-09-2012)) ((6:11 a.m.))  

© 2012 Cassie Fraga


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Cassie Fraga
hhhmmm...????

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's a wrap if you want. Locked my nose-wheel in at "My surroundings are still" and shot me off the deck to "((6:11 a.m.))" like a catapult. Perfect short story or, as is your custom, the opening of your latest page-turner. Up to you my friend. I'm just ever pleased at the peak into your fascinating craftsmanship of a world. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, keep writing cause I want to learn more about him"LOL"! Great read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Serious piece. Descriptive, evocative. This has the makings of a great story, keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice! Entertaining and great plot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


excellent dialogue. very real and playful--makes me want to read more.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Each read gets better. You tell a detailed story that emotionally keeps the reader entertained and curious. I appreciate the writing style. You can almost feel the kisses interpreted by your words. Keep dreaming. It works for you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice story Em.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh I love this.. A story that reals us in and keeps our attention.. Limping? lol.. love it..xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


You succeeded in ''seducing'' the reader!!! Well done~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing writing style!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

744 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2012

Author

Cassie Fraga
Cassie Fraga

WA



About
I AM THE GIRL... 1. I am the girl who people say is a "dreamer" or "over imaginative"... they are correct... I am this way because I like the view from the clouds, my world looks more .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..