Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Emunah June.
"

When Sora accidently lets it out that he's in love, his mother and sister keep teasing him about it!

"

       "I'm home!" I called as I walked through the door. I took off my shoes at the door and walked inside. I could smell the familiar smells of rice frying in the pan and ramen boiling. "Sora!" Mom called as she ran out from the kitchen. As she kissed the top of my forehead, I silently slipped Koda's letter in my pocket. "How was you're first day?" she asked, beckoning me to come into the living room. I followed her and sat on the couch. "Well, Mom, alot happened today. Ooh, I think I'm sick," I said. Mom looked at me, gasped, and ran over to touch my forehead. "Oh, Sora, what's wrong? Upset stomach? Headache? Feeling hot all over?" she asked. After dodging every question, I answered. "My chest. It felt warm. I don't think that's normal." Mom looked at me, with those "you're-kidding-me-right" looks. "Your chest? Hmm...I think I only have heartburn pills. Will that work?" she asked. "Well I dunno. I mean, it's only warm when I'm around this girl. It's not warm right no--" I stopped talking, because I saw the smile on my mom's face spreading like wildfire.

 

Uh oh. What did I just do?

 

"Oh Sora! You're in love! How cute!" Mom squealed, as if she was a 6 year old let loose in a candy store with an $100 bill. I sighed. Was I really in love with a girl I had only known one day? That was probably it, but to me it was still weird. I rubbed my forehead. Well, things can't get any--

 

I just jinxed it didn't I?

 

Obi walked through the door. "I'm home Mom!" she eyed me "Hey Sora! How was you're first day?" 

 

Yeah....I just jinxed it.

 

Mom smiled. "Oh Obi! It's great! Sora had the best day ever! Didn't you sweetie?" Mom asked as she looked at me. I gulped. "Yeah," I answered. Obi grinned. I think she was catching on. "Why is that Mom?" asked Obi. Mom smiled and began talking. I sunk in my seat. Oh no. Obi was going to keep this over my head for the rest of my life. 

 

"Sora fell in love today!" squealed my obviously-overexcited mother.

 

Obi grinned, then burst out laughing. I felt embarrased, so I whispered, "I'm going upstairs to do my homework," and ran up the stairs. 

 

                    Yes, I know. I wasn't given homework. But I had to say SOMETHING to get out of there. It was embarrasing! When I got to my room, I sat on my bed and read over Koda's letter again. 

 

Thank you for being such a good friend on my first day, you really helped me get used to this place!

-Koda

 

  I found myself smiling. I am glad I made her first day a comfortable one. I took her note and wedged it in between a book, so that way I could never lose it. Then I sat back on my bed and thought of her.

 

Again.

 

And Again.

 

In fact, she was the only thing running through my head. No mistaking it. I was in love with Koda. But why? After all, I've only known her for a day. So what would drive me to have feelings for her? I don't know, but all I knew was that it felt right. It felt great. In fact, I felt like dancing! But if I danced, Obi would come up to see what I was doing and see me. Then she'd get the camera, tape me doing it, and put it online.

 

Yeah......I don't dance.

 

                   "Sora, dinner's ready!" I heard Mom call. I was reading a book when I heard her. I must've been bored, because I don't ever read.

 

That how you'll know I'm insane is if you catch me with a paper-binded menace known as a book in my hands.

 

                "Hey Sora," Mom had said when I sat at the table. I knew she wanted to ask me more about Koda. I knew she wanted to know everything about her, and I wasn't going to tell. If she loved me, then she'd understand. As soon as the bowl of ramen and rice were set in my face, Obi exploded. "Ugh I can't take it!! Who is this girl, Sora? Huh? Huh? Who is it? Just tell me already!!" she cried, and I felt like ducking under the table. "Obi! You know better! Sora will tell us when he's ready, won't you sweetie?" Mom guarded.

 

Yeah, Mom TOTALLY wasn't fishing for information, can't you tell?

 

"I get what you two are doing," I said after I thanked God for the food. "You guys want to know more about her, don't you? Fine, I'll tell you a little about her." I gulped some food down, then continued.

 

"Her name is Yamakura, Koda, and she's the most beautiful girl I've seen! She has this golden brown hair that is placed delicately on her shoulders, and her eyes are a pretty shade of hazel green. Y'know how much I hate the uniform, right? Well she makes it look great! She makes it look designer made! And..and...err, there's just so much about her.You'd have to see her to believe--" I stopped again.

 

I knew what was coming.

 

Please, please, PLEASE don't say I should invite her to dinner! Please! I beg you!

 

"Well, Sora if she's so beautiful, I'd certainly love to see her. Why don't you invite her to dinner?" suggested Mom.

 

Ugh. No one listens to me anymore. 

 

After dinner, I helped wash dishes. After I finished, I said goodnight to Mom and Obi and walked upstairs to bed. I walked into my room and fell onto my bed.The nightime flowed into my room. I squinted a bit as the moonlight fell onto my eyes. My body felt all these emotions at once when I thought of Koda.

Confusion.

Sadness.

Happiness.

Nervousness.

Excitement.

 

Which, you can mix all together and give it a different label.

 

Love.

 

                            The next morning was muggy and wet. I woke to morning mist pushing itself against my windowpane (with the help of the wind). As soon as I got outside onto my bike, I wished I had a car, because riding in that weather was so awful that I was drenched in mist and sweat by the time I got to the schoolyard. As I locked my bike, I noticed that there was a skateboard next to me. I smiled, thinking of Koda.

 

Here goes my second day at Koe Charter.



© 2009 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Koe Charter was originally going to be called Suki Suki Charter, but it sounded too "cutesy" for my taste, so I made it a name that was a little more...solemn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was pretty great, good job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2009


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing