Monsters.

Monsters.

A Poem by Mily
"

No longer under our beds.

"
We eventually start to realize that monsters are no longer inside out closets and under our beds.
We start to realized that they're really inside our heads and in our souls. 
The thoughts in our heads before we go to sleep are the most frightening ones; they spook you out the most.
They give you expectations. 
Make you dream of that paradise that you want so badly, whether a boy or an unrealistic lifetime. 
They're the thoughts that make you dream about that one boy or girl. 
That make you wonder what your purpose in this fragile world is.
The good and bad. The bad and good. 
The thoughts that make you wonder about everything.
Life. Love. Everything.
About your crush being just as head over heals as you are them. 
Or making you wonder where in this large, yet so very small world your soul mate is. 
Causing you to wonder if they're wondering about you too..
Making you dream about how they look like, and what their name is, and when you'll meet them. 
You think about your hopes, goals and best yet, dreams, wonders.
Then you wonder what you'll be doing in 10,20,30 years from now, where you'll be, what you'll be doing, how life will be. 
But those are only the good, happy spontaneous thoughts, the ones that make you smile and make you feel butterflies.
But then, there are also the truly frightening thoughts. And like that, it all changes. 
A sense of emptiness strikes you, and you don't really know what to do. 
You almost feel like crying. 
So you hide under the blankets but the thoughts keep coming, and coming, and coming. 
Making you feel like you don't belong, making you believe that you really don't wanna be here anymore. 
And then, you feel like you want to cry. 
But not like a normal cry.
The silent type, where your chest feels like an army of men are shooting at it.
Tears are rushing down your face but it's so silent that you could hear a feather drop. 
You try so hard not to make noise, although it's probably not possible. 
But mostly, you're just afraid, not of the monsters under your bed, the ones inside your head. 
You don't know for how long you'll be able to keep holding on. 
You're just so afraid, of anything and everything.
The thoughts that come to us can make or break our hearts.
They can make us cry tears of happiness and tears of sadness. 
But everything in between as well. 
Monsters are no longer under our beds and in our closets, they are now in our heads and souls.

© 2014 Mily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's true.As we grow older,we realize that! We realize that monsters live in our heads!
Well done! :))

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on January 22, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: life, monsters, minds, depression, happiness, sad, happy, world, soul mate, love, boys, cries

Author

Mily
Mily

San Diego , CA



About
Welcome to the window to my heart, enjoy your stay more..

Writing
An Open Letter An Open Letter

A Poem by Mily