Never Truly Mattered.

Never Truly Mattered.

A Poem by Mily

I just don't think teachers understand. We go through 7 s**t ours of school, yeah, 1-2 hours of homework for each class isn't that bad, but if you put it all together, that's 6-8 hours of homework daily. Being a teenager isn't easy. If you haven't heard the “Your only job is to be in school, you don't have to work" consider yourself lucky. Every time I hear that phrase, I want to throw myself off of a building, because in all honestly, that is nothing but bullshit. It's not that easy. It's not like school is the only thing we have to keep up with.. Getting by had never been a choice for me. I've always had to be the perfect student for my parents because if not, I feel like I would be failing them. You can’t just "get by" because now, your life, your future, everything that you could imagine is based on how great you do in school. I just don’t think that's fair. We have a lot to balance. Frankly, there's a lot that adults just don't see the other side. My history teacher told us that true character isn't what you do when people are around, but what you do when they aren't. I was raised hearing that. In school, you can get caught with one mistake that you might make, one failed grade is the end of the world. Where did all my hard work go? All my A's? Gone because of a C or D?Adults now a day don't understand the pressure that education puts on us. When we were all younger, we wanted to be astronauts or princesses or vets or football players. Adults give us this fake idea that we could be anything we'd like, and I agree. They just avoid telling you that it's sure as hell not going to come easy and you're gonna need to work your a*s off for it. And I know that things aren't going to come easy.  I just don't understand when I’m going to need to know how to calculate the composition of linear fractions or when I’m going to have to apply how to blow s**t up. I don't know where I as trying to get with this. I guess I just wanted to let you know that if you're just as stressed with your future as I am or you're just as lost as I am, that you're not alone okay. I'm not going to tell you to fail classes, or give up.. I'm telling you to try your hardest. It's okay if you're struggling, we all are. Keep your head up. Enjoy life, because soon, you'll be old and you'll realize that none of this ever truly mattered. 

© 2014 Mily


Author's Note

Mily
My point was never to complain, it was just to say what was on my mind.
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on February 24, 2014
Tags: eduction, teachers, life, alone, happy, work, struggle, strong

Author

Mily
Mily

San Diego , CA



About
Welcome to the window to my heart, enjoy your stay more..

Writing
An Open Letter An Open Letter

A Poem by Mily