Since when?

Since when?

A Poem by Mily
"

This is more of a free write. I can't sleep and this is what I came up with I guess.

"
When did we exchange rolling in dirt with rolling in bed with someone that didn't truly love us? When did we give up our imagination? What happened to making shapes from the clouds and pretending that the droplets of rain were racing as cars dashed by us? Remember when we'd go on long car rides at night time and insist that the moon was following us? When did we forget to love and be kind to everyone? When did we replace crying over scrapped knees with sobbing over broken hearts? Sobbing over a boy who never really loved you. Since when couldn't we sleep all night and be happy al day? Now all we have is sleepless nights, sad days, tear soaked pillows and damaged hearts. People ask you what you want to be when you grow up all the time, since when did we start giving real answers? What about princesses or pirates? What about happiness? Would you trade everything you have just to be happy? Or would you suffer because you simply need the path that you're taking? At what moment did we stop sharing crayons? At what moment did we stop playing with animal crackers and goldfish? When did we trade in our happiness and innocence for sorrow and suffering? 

© 2014 Mily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014

Author

Mily
Mily

San Diego , CA



About
Welcome to the window to my heart, enjoy your stay more..

Writing
An Open Letter An Open Letter

A Poem by Mily