Something deeper

Something deeper

A Poem by Mily

And it was at that very second, when I was singing my heart out and dancing all alone, that I realized what was happiness was. It's that warm feeling you get, deep in your heart that you just know is something extraordinary. It's the moment when you feel just like a kid, and no matter how old you are, you run back to that very moment but years behind. It's taking a bite out of a home cooked meal and feeling satisfied when you're finished.I believe that happiness is not a diamond ring or a boy or a car. To me, happiness is the felling you get when you think about the thought that went into getting that ring, or having that person by your side and how they are making you feel. Happiness I have come to realize is putting the small things together when days are rough and realizing that sometimes, life is gonna be rough but you look back on all of those little things, and you're okay. I have concluded that happiness is all about the feelings. I want to be the kind of writer that will make my readers feel exactly how I felt at that very moment when I read the text explaining how you wished of the impossible forever, or the way my heart broke when my dad moved away. I want to be the person that makes you feel something deeper than any ocean there is. 

© 2015 Mily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good honest piece Emily. I really enjoyed it, enjoyed the honest emotion behind the words. Just some things I caught when reading it to help you out... in the first sentence you have an extra "was" in there. Then later you have feeling spelled felling. I do the same thing and miss little grammar things so just wanted to help and point out for you :) Good work and I look forward to reading more, especially those feeling about your broken heart when your dad moved away.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Profoundly you write and profoundly you love. Bravo.......................

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
The satisfaction you describe comes along with life experiences,age and a true and profound love.
Everything is slowly put into perspective with advancing years.Nice piece to read.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on January 11, 2015

Author

Mily
Mily

San Diego , CA



About
Welcome to the window to my heart, enjoy your stay more..

Writing
An Open Letter An Open Letter

A Poem by Mily