Upon Collapse

Upon Collapse

A Chapter by Jeffrey

In Swynia, a country off the coast of the United Kingdom in the middle of the North Sea, resides a city that holds the leader of a life-changing group. They are the RP’s, having the meaning and what it stands for a secret. The leader of which is named Jeffrey, but he goes by Epic, using an alias to be even more secretive. He’s sort of failed at his job lately, as the RP’s have been very distant in recent years. Their lead-scientist and only scientist of the group, Dr. Roberto is going to announce something important at a upcoming RP’s meeting. Maybe it’ll be the thing that brings them back together…


December 18th, 2007


The RP’s headquarters contains a stage and a few back rooms. Storage rooms, a sitting room. Epic and Dr. Roberto stand behind stage.


“Hello Epic,” Dr. Roberto says.


“Hello, I hope your announcement is worth it. I been waiting for something to happen in this group… I’m a little worried,” I stated.


Dr. Roberto set a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring look. We nodded at each other.


“Well, I hope everything goes alright, I’ll be out there,” I said and left the stage and went to a chair and sat down.


As I head to my seat, I acknowledged everyone who had joined in for this meeting. There were Jenny and Henry. Jenny with the bright blonde hair tied in a ponytail, and always cheerful face, and Henry with the dark brown hair and serious-looking. They’ve been best friends forever and everyone talks about how they obviously love each other but they deny it.


Joe and Elesa were standing to the side, talking. They were cousins who moved to Swynia together and found the RP’s. Joe had short brown curly hair and Elesa had long blonde hair. Nathan was sitting in the front. He was a vampire and had shaggy black hair.




After a while, the curtains opened and Dr. Roberto walked up to the microphone. He had a map of Swynia behind him. He pointed to the upper right part of Swynia. It was an uninhabited part. It was cut off from the rest of Swynia by the Inert Forest.


“My team and I have found a set of 10 hidden gateways in this part of Swynia,”


“How are they hidden if you found them!?” Joe blurted out, causing an uproar of everyone in the room.


People were shaking their heads and laughing crazily. After a while, we finally got them to calm down and Dr. Roberto continued on.


“My team is still looking into the gateways, but I think they are the part of something big, and we should investigate them eventually. As for now, I will be watching and monitoring them,”


He ended his statement, and he headed off the stage. Everyone talked quietly as I headed back up to the stage. I grabbed the microphone and looked at everyone’s eager eyes in the audience.


“I hope for the best in the coming months for this group and that we can grow greater and bigger. We can create something amazing here. If anything important comes up, we’ll hold another meeting. For now, you guys are not required to stay any longer. Thank you all for joining,”


Everyone got up and headed out to their cars and drove off. Dr. Roberto and I were the last ones and we closed up the building. I was worried for our group. I could barely pay for this almost abandoned auditorium. It took persuasive convincing to let the nearby town, which owned the property to let me borrow the building. Then they made us renovate it and that cost a lot. And the way this group was going, we’d have to sell it and dissipate the group. Everything I’d ever wanted since I was young would be gone. Adulthood was so stressful on me. I don’t even know how I was living.


Dr. Roberto gave me a reassuring smile and we drove off to our homes. I got home and just threw my stuff down. My house was dark and I didn’t bother turn on a light. I went to the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal. No milk as usual. I went into the living room and practically fell on my couch. I ate the cereal and eventually at around 10, I fell asleep.


© 2016 Jeffrey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016


Author

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Antelope, CA



About
A random teen trying to make it though high school and have fun with writing and the arts. more..

Writing
The Zodiac Signs The Zodiac Signs

A Chapter by Jeffrey


Pen Pals Pen Pals

A Chapter by Jeffrey