From Me to You

From Me to You

A Story by Eponine Roy
"

for my little brother

"

 

“Sarah!” he cried. He did not cry for his mother, or for his aunt, or for his grandmother. This time it was a distinct, sharp wail for his sister.
            The sister was the one who showed him how to give big, tight hugs that stretched a horizon wide. She taught him how to sing and dance and expanded his mind into a jukebox of loveable old tunes. Because of her, he could tell you “Be quiet!” in two different languages and was never afraid to command, “Allez! Go!” if you moved too slowly. He knew that if he called, she would surely be there to defend him from the older, toy-stealing brother. She would, without a doubt, retrieve him a drink of “special milk” or a snack of a “bagel with special butter”. Every time she came home was worthy of celebration. He ran to the door and gave one of those hugs that barely reach the waistline. She, in turn, would kneel down and wrap her arms completely around him.
            He stood in the kitchen awaiting the sister that promised to always be there. She promised to help him in any way possible, no matter how difficult the circumstances. The little boy was her sunshine, her best friend, and her teddy bear. He brightened her day, even when things weren’t looking up. His little, bashful smile was enough to win over anybody’s attention; he retained hers always.
            Not long after his call, I had him in my arms; I knelt down and wrapped my arms completely around his little body. “What is it, baby bear?”
            “I can’t reach my snack,” he sniffled, pointing up to a little packet of fruit snacks sitting on the counter. I reached up unto the counter and pulled down the snacks. He smiled and started nibbling on the edge of the gummy piece. I wiped the tears from his little face and turned to leave, but he stopped me.
            “Where are you going?” he inquired; his eyes grew wide and glossy, about to cry.
            “Up to my room,” I replied; I smiled warmly.  
            “You aren’t leaving?”
            “I’ll never leave you,” I promised him. I meant it.  

© 2008 Eponine Roy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute, Colleen. The relationship between you and your siblings is better than any parent could imagine. I love how you teach your little brother French. Teach him a bad word intended for pa, eh? ;)

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aaaah! I love this story! It makes me want a little brother. Good job! Nice story

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2008
Last Updated on July 31, 2008

Author

Eponine Roy
Eponine Roy

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Eponine Roy: Girl, Writer, Francophile. more..

Writing