A TINY LOVE FROM A BIG HEART

A TINY LOVE FROM A BIG HEART

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

"A Tiny Love from a Big Heart" beautifully encapsulates a profound understanding of the nature of love, strength, and the interconnectedness of humanity.

"
My power drew not from firm belief,
But from those in my heart's relief.
My bravery not from the soul's sheath,
But gifted by love that lies beneath...

From friendships blooming like the sweetest bud,
From silent whispers in the falling mud.

My spirit's armor, not by mine own forge,
But woven through with love's bright threads, 
in gorge.

Not self, but others, in life's intricate dance,
Provides the rhythm, the song, the stance.

The echo of affection, the sweetest sound,
In love for others, true strength is found...

In them, my fortress, my sunlit day,
In loving them, I find my way.

:: 06.22.2023 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The poem begins with the Poet admitting that his strength and bravery are not derived from self-belief or internal resolve, but rather, from love - love for others and love received from others. This inverts traditional notions of strength and bravery as individually attained, suggesting instead that they are communal and interdependent.

The imagery of "friendships blooming like the sweetest bud" and "silent whispers in the falling mud" beautifully portrays the nurturing and grounding nature of love and human connection. The concept of strength here is delicately woven through the metaphor of armor, not self-forged, but constructed from the threads of love.

The poem emphasizes a relational perspective on selfhood, in which the self is defined not in isolation, but through relationships with others - "Not self, but others, in life's intricate dance." The cadence of this dance is the mutual affection and love we have for each other.

I then find sanctuary, the day of sunshine, in others, reinforcing the theme of interdependence. The poem suggests that the journey of self-discovery is not a solitary quest but a shared voyage, illuminated by the light of love - "In loving them, I find my way."

Overall, this poem exquisitely manifests the idea that the individual is part of a greater whole, and it is in this communion of souls that one finds true strength and self-identity. The strength of a big heart, it suggests, is in its capacity to give and receive tiny loves, which are in turn magnified by the shared experience of humanity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on June 23, 2023
Last Updated on June 23, 2023
Tags: poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing