chapter one

chapter one

A Chapter by Bre-Anna miller

On a brutally cold night, I was outside playing in the snow in front of the hotel lobby. Everything was all fun and games, until the blizzard hit. I couldn’t find my parents and the freezing temperatures were making my feet and hands numb. That’s when an elegant lady with a warm and kind smile approached me. She was probably in her early 20’s. Her hair was cotton candy pink, her eyes were big and brown, and she had a cleft chin that made her features stand out more. She was wearing a beige pea coat, and, as you would expect, matching beige ugg snow boots. As she walked towards me, she spoke in subtle tone of voice.
“Would you like to get out of the snow? “ She asked.
“I’m not really supposed to talk to strangers but this cold is killing me and you seem like a genuinely nice lady, so sure…” I answered contently.” What’s the worst that can happen?” I thought to myself.
 Then she whistled and a carriage tied with 2 pure white horses appeared around the corner. I was amazed and didn’t realize that my mouth was gaping open. Then she said:
“You haven’t been in a carriage before?”
“I may have but that was a while ago.” I replied.
We both then boarded the carriage and I noticed the golden vine that adorned it and led to the railing that tied the horses. The vine had names engraved in order.  I was curious of the names so I asked the lady what they were for.
“Those are the names of all the royal family from generations ago to now.” She replied. 
“Are you part of the royal family also?”
“Of course.”
“Then where is your name?”
“On the upper right corner. “ She said “My name is Demetria.”
The name had a smooth ring to it, the type of name that the angels would coo to. I told her that her name was wonderful and she asked what mine was.
“My name is Dom.”
“Soon your name will be on here also. That’s why I was sent to find you.”
“What do you mean?”
“When you were a mere month old, you were next in line to be the princess of Garmish.” She hesitated “But the other little girl in line’s father did not want you to be crowned, so he sent someone to murder you. That’s when you were sent away with undercover parents to live in America. When I heard you were vacationing here, I decided it was safe enough for you to come back and I informed your guardians that I would be coming to pick you up. That’s why you didn’t see them when you were outside in the snow, they already knew I was coming. And the timing is perfect, seeing as you’re ten years old now. ”
I didn’t know what to think or believe. It was all too much to take in. Thoughts were flooding my mind and stabbing my neck. Should I trust Demetria or flee back to the hotel? It was as if she read my mind because she suddenly said “I know you don’t trust me quite yet but please continue coming with me and I’ll take you to the castle and explain everything better. And I promise you, you’ll be safe.”
Hm…
“I guess I’ll go. But if anything bad happens to me that’s on you!” I said playfully.
“Don’t worry. Everything will be easier as soon as we get to the gates.”
Sooner or later we were hopping off the carriage and onto a street paved with gold that led to the castle door. The doors were completely showered in gold, probably the most I’ve ever seen in my life. The doorknobs were made of pure diamonds, hundreds of them.
“Whoa!” I exclaimed. “How could someone afford all of this?” I said as we walked through the door.
What was behind the door was even more astounding than the cover. There was a curved, wrap around stair case on each side of the room. It looked like a replica of the Titanic, but with more openness to it. Demetria took me up the stairs while saying “Now your life will be different, you can afford virtually anything in this world.”


© 2015 Bre-Anna miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 5, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2015


Author

Bre-Anna miller
Bre-Anna miller

colorado springs, CO



About
i love to write just as much as I love to read. every moment of free time that I have you can find me reading or writing. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by Bre-Anna miller


chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by Bre-Anna miller