Memorial

Memorial

A Poem by Eric Cox
"

In honor of U.S. soldiers who passed.

"
The unjust plague of war
is haunting to the core
The bitter death of life
carves through light as a knife
Why the first blow to ignite
why the wicked bloom of night
Countless tears have swelled in the pain
of war's blight which should never stain
Soldiers swept to death for their country
our valiant heroes bound in bravery
U.S. flags line their graves with tribute cast
in deep honor of our warriors passed
Salute the men and women so brave and bold
with their sacrifice forever honored gold



© 2013 Eric Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an outstanding poem. Such vivid and powerful imagery you use here. An excellent tribute to our soldiers and all that they do for the country no matter what we think of the battle they fight. They stand for the US and we need to honor them and as a country treat htem much kinder and be more helpful when they return home. A great poem here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)



Reviews

A strong and powerful poem for the soldiers. I was a soldier for 15 years. I remember when I came back from the war in 1992. Mothers and grandmothers were waiting for us at the airport in Philly. They greeted us and gave us hugs and cookies. Made being a Soldier worthwhile. We can't forget the Soldiers who lived and died. Thank you for the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

Thanks! And thank you for serving.
A splendid read and write . Excellent pen upon this...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is an outstanding poem. Such vivid and powerful imagery you use here. An excellent tribute to our soldiers and all that they do for the country no matter what we think of the battle they fight. They stand for the US and we need to honor them and as a country treat htem much kinder and be more helpful when they return home. A great poem here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

Thank you!! :)
A very beautiful tribute poem! So many have died for our freedoms and liberty and sadly that is all being thrown away for what? Socialism and Communism? There was once a time when no one would even openly consider such a fate and now people actually want enslavement. Wonderful poem Eric. I like your writing style and this poem doesn't disappoint.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
Coyote Song

10 Years Ago

:)..........

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013

Author

Eric Cox
Eric Cox

Hollow Woods, OR



About
I've been writing since 1984. I write poems, stories, lyrics & string haikus in a variety of genres: Horror, Nature, Inspirational, Comedy, Sexual, etc... Variety is what you will find here. Copy.. more..

Writing
Two Forever Two Forever

A Poem by Eric Cox



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Soul Soul

A Poem by lee von cleef