timbered whispers

timbered whispers

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

timbered whispers 

 

 

 

love is encrypted

in wandering hearts,

the etchings of a deep rooted longing

 

fossilized feelings

the bones of trust

yearn for the skin to tingle one more time

 

exceptions mushroom in a forest of frustration

giving up to the rain,

but still feeling malnourished

 

yet some stop,

catch the scent of hope

as the leaves rustle

above the rustic graves

 

stones pause

a bit of a rivulet

like a tear

 

might just dissolve into garish ground

or coagulate

into a small stream 

of closeness

 

as skeletal hands

hold each other tight

and emotions find new spring.

 

 

erin-cilberto

3/29/17

© 2017 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems regrets tear at the mind as well as the heart.. too often, too deeply in and out of Life. Past experiences turn desire, need, affection rather than love into tight balls of 'what the hell'. You use poetic words to sugar-coat the hurt so finely, so poetically but - without prostituting their core meaning.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, emma.
j.
Ah, the ciphering of needing love in us all embedded in our emotional DNA. “stones pause
a bit of a rivulet like a tear” – such magnificent imagery. “skeletal hands” and “emotions find new spring”, very impressed with such mastery as usual, thanks for sharing.


Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, J.

j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
The rebirth of emotion
Between two who are up close and personal
there is this endless cycle
of emotion
to every high there is a low
that turns around
till do them part :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your insights, Solo.
j.
There is so much to read into this, Jacob. I see lost love, a common theme, but I also see age and a feeling of impending doom, or at least a feeling that too much time has past and all hope of passion are gone. But in the end I see hope and time hasn't completely won yet. I don't know, that's just how I read it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

i like your insights into this piece, thank you, James..
j.
Having reached the end of the road of many years of incessant fussing, fighting, and separation, that final separation came for me in 2009 to find me facing Divorce in 2011 ... We men like to talk our s**t about how we can get by just find without that damned woman in our lives, but the reality is not having them in our lives leaves a big a*s hole that simply has a man not knowing what in the hell to do with himself, because his entire life has revolved around his wife and family, and now, now, there is nothing but an empty void of loss, hurt, regret, pain, and an indescribable feeling of having wasted your life to wake up now to find you are totally lost and all alone ... Suddenly, the idea of being head over heels in love with a woman who will probably b***h at you and make you miserable does not seem so damned bad after all ... But, it's too late, and so you hope to stumble upon that second chance at having that fire burn in your heart once again as you gaze into the eyes of woman whose eyes burn for you ... Hope does return sometimes, to show us mercy in rekindling our purpose for living in this world, for a man may not need a woman, but he also cannot live without her ... My second chance hung herself ... Yet, life has come around to allow me another opportunity to make things work with that woman who divorced my sorry a*s after 39 years as "skeletal hands hold each other tight and emotions find new spring ..." ... This poem means a lot to me and speaks directly to my heart, my life, and my hopes for the future ... Thank you for writing this piece, and for being so kind as to share it ...

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your comments, and sharing how you related to this...really appreciate this, Marv---read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..