9-1-1

9-1-1

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

9-1-1

 

 

 

eavesdropping tears

shed her secret

 

eyes crimson red

heart black as night

 

she is the colors

of astonishment

 

clutched in palette hue

turning code blue---

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

10/13/2020

© 2020 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Indeed we should take responsibility when we become aware of abuse I seem to hear you say. Another poem that has absolutely no fat on it whatever, only lean meat. And such tasty morsels at that!

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, John,
j.
Altho I enjoy your use of color to denote intensity & suspense, I also found myself thinking of "code blue" as an emergency regarding how people vote. Vote blue becuz we're in a code blue (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

I think of that all the time, Margie...never a more important election...
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Code blue... A medical emergency... That's why 911.so much pain and tear is attached with this code... Only one can guess by eavesdropping .



Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful reply, Dreamer.
j.
There are times I've heard things and even though I've called I feel like it was too late. Your words creep in haunting fashion. This tingled my spine. Love it Jacob.

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you, duff,
j.
911 for emergency. Tittle, tattle, eavesdropping and malicious gossip. People who do that in my opinion have nothing better to do with their time. That is a nasty trait. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That's where you took me Jacob with this write.

And then I thought, someone might be in danger. Maybe the eavesdropping revealed someone was in serious trouble, at risk from abuse. Maybe in those circumstances we all need to intervene. Your writes are layered Jacob. A bit of brevity with many possibilities.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you for both of those interpretations, Chris.
appreciate your words,
j.
Eavesdropping may be rude, but sometimes, you cannot but help to hear the scourge of abuse through thin walls. Pray then that 911 is called and arrives in time. Your poem is concise and the imagery cutting and illuminating. Well penned.

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you for your kind and understanding review, Momz...
j.
MomzillaNC

3 Years Ago

You're welcome
What others think about you might be none of your business, but when you hear them talking, well, it cuts like a knife. Those believed to be friends show their true colors and nothing is every the same. Even 9-1-1 can not revive such a relationship! Good one, Jacob. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

Love your response, Lydi...it is better than the poem.
j.
She seems to be caught unawares! A sense of shock and dismay, a heart rapidly filling with darkness as the rest of her seems to be turning blue. A physical and emotional shock....perhaps abuse....The title of this poem seems so telling and compelling.....

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, AJNJ...
j.
AJNJ

3 Years Ago

Welcome sir.......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2020
Last Updated on October 16, 2020

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5