at the home

at the home

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


at the home

 

 

the older the clutter

the younger the mind extrapolates

cordial responses

to disengage

understanding

with infant logic

and tragic smiles.

 

 

erin-cilberto

11/27/2020

© 2020 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Childhood memories, never leave me either. I am often wandering down the corridors to find my mum and dad and siblings. I am more than happy to visit. I hope I never lose that part of my memory. Poignant piece Jacob.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you, Chris.
j.
my mind is always was always and shall always be a muddle LOL I was born with a cracked brain and I will die with one and I wouldn't trade it for the world even if i forget to wear matching socks or where i left my keys or my birthday (I do that)

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

as long as your socks are the same thickness, they match.
Thank you, brother bunny.
j.
Our minds are cluttered as we age, but somehow the memories of our early childhoods are still there...still powerful. Remembering can bring tears, but also smiles. I liked this. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

thank you so much Lydi...for understanding it, and me.
j.
Like that word extrapolates! The older we get, the more we reflect on the inner child we once were. No one ever prepares you for old age lol. As we get older the mind is no more an attic of childhood memories, youth and what we were once. A brilliant write again J. So polished and crisp!

Posted 3 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review, andrew...I reflect a lot on that inner child.
j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2020
Last Updated on December 20, 2020

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing