lyrical logistics

lyrical logistics

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


lyrical logistics

 

 

 

statistics are poetic

like chameleons sunning

on a sawed-off branch

of polite shrewdness

 

there is darkness in numbers

abbreviated love charted

on grids

the koalas are screaming

and making Qantas leaps

into the sky

 

the clouds are adding themselves up

for a stormy sum of madness

the world is a percentage

of heart

 

but that is very small

and i never trusted a chameleon

too many protean colors

 

and that plane is flying 

way too close.

 

 

erin-cilberto

6/19/2021 

© 2021 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are more chameleons now than ever, now that there is political correctness around us and while known for its colour changes in adapting, they also have a long tongue so one just has to wait for the slip of the tongue. Maybe then the real truth comes out. Funny on another facet not related this reminded me of my favourite movie Rango, a kids movie but with adult overtones. I just loved Depp as the chameleon. Again funny a few key words can have one going off on another tangent, another road not intended by the writer.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

actually, my intent is always that poets find their own roads with my poetry...travel on.
tha.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A loving and caring heart can not be and should not be shrewd ! When there is changing of colour in relation then it was always there, hiding under politeness... And I agree with you at the end our world is a percentage of heart and that heart beat should rhythm with nature of all kind. This is an intense write and I liked it thoroughly...

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

I think your review is better than the poem...such insightful words, Dreamer....thank you.
j.
'That plane is flying way too close', and we all remember what happened twenty years ago. There is much darkness in this write.

I always admired how chameleons could adapt to their surroundings and change colour. How brilliant is that I thought. Well nature is brilliant, but sadly the human species lags far behind. Chameleons are dangerous.

Like the title. Logistics. Yes life is a game of numbers, and numbers count :)

Intriguing write J. So much to think about in this poem. You have your own brand of uniqueness.

Chris





Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, Chris.
j.
the world is full with deceptive people, and the poetry world is a part of this whole world, sometimes words may deceive us, "there is darkness in numbers" brilliant line, yes there is... if in mortality, if in the number of our poems... how many we want to write before our death. and here I feel You living in your own world, choosing none but a one that's created from your kind and poetic heart, free and gentle soul.

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, lightsong.
j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2021
Last Updated on June 20, 2021

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing