jacket

jacket

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

jacket
I was in a black and white photo
years past
we all got along.
erin-cilberto
10/24/23

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short, descriptive piece that begs so many questions Jacob. I guess when we look back and reminisce everything is remembered within a distorted lens of memory, emotion and diststorted time. I too look at black and white photos but recall the sectarian conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland and Scotland.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

Thank you for sharing that, John,
amazing what we can gather from just a photo.
I guess we never thought about our differences as much as being friends and neighbors. Much of today's frustration seems to come from having nothing worthy of protesting. Climate change...that's about it. And that's been happening since before we even got here as a species. Everybody talks about the weather.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

So much truth in what you say, Fabian,
j.
Jacob - you make me wonder. Did we all really get along or did we neglect to see the "others" who were unable to get along?

Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

you are probably right about that, Dave.
Maybe we saw the world through rose colored glasses .. read more
Don't you go and get yourself canceled now - ya hear?!? Aw hell... we were children then, and as children, we NOTICED the failures of our parents and because we cared - we CALLED them on reality and did our best to grow up with positive change in mind. What is positive about the separations and dumbing down being achieved today? Where are the children challenged to be more than their parents and to give that growth to their own kids? We HAVE problems BUT ...nevermind, enough said.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

I agree, and thank you for your insights, Chris,
j.
It always seemed that way until they started shouting it wasn't. There was a time that color was something you painted with, not something you tainted with. Sad days for sure.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

your review is much appreciated, will,
j.
Clever, insightful and short. The best of all worlds Jacob.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

Thank you, Soren,
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M
Presumably before the 1960s? After that I suppose photographs became available in colour and the differences between the shades really deteriorated. A clever poem of few words that precedes a time of chaos that soon followed.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

Oh yes...50's...thank you, Makhabat.
j.
It says so much in so few well chosen words. It was black with white and everything was right. Loved this cleverly written poem, my friend.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

maybe not so right as we thought, eh my friend?
Thank you,
j.
I have rarely come across a piece of brevity which has as much impact as this one. My mind went in many directions. It also has both a serious side and some wry humour. Brilliantly done J.

So visual as well.

Chris

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

You get my biting sense of humor, Chris...I appreciate that.
j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2023
Last Updated on October 26, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Art Art

A Poem by DIVYA


Uneasy Uneasy

A Poem by DIVYA


Springtime Springtime

A Chapter by DIVYA