the corpse of lingering regret

the corpse of lingering regret

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


the corpse of lingering regret

 

 

lies entrenched in the soul

persevere 

and haunt

as the body grows cold

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

4/6/24

© 2024 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. You nail this one. Powerful.

Posted 3 Days Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

3 Days Ago

Thank you, Thomas,
j.
There is no sweetness within regret, only bitterness that as you say, haunts our souls and marrow of our being Jacob.
So powerfully stated in so few words.

Posted 1 Week Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Week Ago

thank you for your kind words, Lorry,
j.
Great poem.
To live a life is to make regrets sometimes. Lots of them actually.
Enjoyed reading it.
Good work. Keep it up.
Take good care.

Posted 1 Week Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Week Ago

Thank you, Ancient Rock.
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
Regret is suffocating, heavy and probably the worst thing that can cause the eternal damage. The 'soul of regret' can not be expressed better than this! This poem is evoking all those places that we try to conceal.
- mou

Posted 1 Week Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Week Ago

Thank you for your understanding, mou.
j.
Oh my goodness. This brevity is a curse on the dying and the soul of the departed. Never to find peace from regret. A haunting for eternity. Dear j. Where did this dark inspiration come from? I don’t know anyone who deserves this.

Chris

Posted 1 Week Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Week Ago

Thank you, Chris...some get it deservedly so, but most don't.
j.
hi jacob, how are you? firs time i am going to Kerala state, never been there.Anyhow, reg your poem, i feel preserving the love in heart and leading the life for him, would definitely realise every other what and how much that person is adoring him.
but sometimes it is difficult to haunt as what you have mentioned, if it is haunting then person will feel offended, and get hurt, so let him be free and realise the love the other person is making to him.
for me, it is getting difficult to lead my life lonely just being online messaging with the person indirectly, i am making my life happy with his virtual thought and living in the hope that he would come for me, as early as possible, without wasting our time, saying and living are having different ways, saying is easy but living is very difficult. I miss my son, my married life, my inlaw, and my home, and every fun or hate or shout from him. but how to make it easy, this life till he comes, just doing what he likes i feel the life makes easy as i am doing for him. I have started my startups, and cooking for my motherinlaw, feeding her the most delicious food is my other desire which i dreamt of in my home, so i am making that too. what else i could make, buying things for him and his family members make me happy. This makes my life happy and complete, the touch of him, talk to family members, that is also getting fulfilled with his virtual touch and WC chat.

Sorry for long message,
Jessy jacob,
want to enjoy every moment with him,


Posted 1 Week Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Week Ago

WE do the best we can do, and that is all we can do.
j.
hiren1234

1 Week Ago

for few regret is worst thing, only they might have experienced it who else can know better, inorder.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2024
Last Updated on April 18, 2024

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moments Moments

A Poem by Sami Khalil