Between The Lines

Between The Lines

A Poem by Meghan Renee
"

The amount of reviews I get by those who miss the point of my poetry, even when the point is directly stated either in the poem itself or the description, is actually starting to annoy me.

"
I wrote a poem once
About things often unheard
And those who reviewed were
Confused by my words
They missed the big picture
Only to pluck and pick the worst bits
Never seeming to understand what it all meant
How disheartening, I tend to think
That all my work becomes unseen

© 2019 Meghan Renee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In regard to your "Note" at the beginning - AND the poem:

I've actually been told that once a word leaves my pen's tip that it is no longer MY word - it thereafter belongs to the viewer/reader/listener to do with and understand as THEY will. And I really have noticed how true THAT saying is by the level of frustration peoples' lack of understanding/awareness of what was said remains inside me. I and others (including yourself) have experienced this so often AND have written about it as well. I have also just as often seen that others when later rereading some works find a totally different "take" on its content than the first or second (or even more) reading they had. Seems life and experience work toward changing perceptions in ways we may not always appreciate - people often just don't "get-it" because they may not (at a particular time, or within their memory) have experienced a perception that equals our own ...even WE are known to have such happen - "History so often repeats itself."

Clarity AND details count - toward meaning and perceptions ...daylight isn't always sunny but it's still daylight til the darkness arises within our eyes and mind.


Posted 4 Years Ago


That's one of the gambles of writing. Despite our best efforts, we can still be misunderstood.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 21, 2019
Last Updated on November 21, 2019
Tags: misinterpretation

Author

Meghan Renee
Meghan Renee

NC



About
Writing is both my passion and coping mechanism. When I was twelve/thirteen, I became incredibly depressed. I couldn't get out of bed and ended up dropping out of school for the next two years. Dur.. more..

Writing